mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Moots 26 ybb to 69er?

Has anyone converted a 26 inch Moots ybb to a 69er and if so what is the set-up? I am 6'6 and have a 26 inch Moots ybb and would love to be able to convert it to a 69er.

nothing relevant to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Falta
    Has anyone converted a 26 inch Moots ybb to a 69er and if so what is the set-up? I am 6'6 and have a 26 inch Moots ybb and would love to be able to convert it to a 69er.
    Could you post a photo of your current bike setup?

mtbr member
    A buddy of mine has. He used a Jones Fat fork. Here is a link scroll down to the bottom for a picture of it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Wow, that trips me out. I bought my Moots from Jeff when he used to own a bike shop called Bike Tech in Laguna Nigel and Dana Point. I used to live right by the shop and he really dialed me in on a lot of stuff. He built very good wheels as well. I will have to give him a call and discuss how putting a 29er front whell on the Moots will affect the handling, etc..

mtbr member

I've done it with a Litespeed Unicoi

The Unicoi borrows the same rear softtail design. Singlespeed rear wheel from White Industries. Pace carbon rigid front fork. It's really light and responsive. I'm happy with the conversion, but for me it was my first 69 experiment (so to speak) and my first SS experiment. I stripped down a lot of parts and weight off the frame.
    germs, needles, milk, death, snakes, mushrooms, heights, crowds, elevators