Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474

    Mojo SL or SL-R with 27.5 Front and 26" Rear? Anyone?

    I like the ride of both my 26" Mojo HD and 650b TRc bikes. I also like the fit and weight of the Mojo SL or SL-R. Why not combine both? I'd rather put 27.5 on the rear too but the SL or SL-R won't fit my tire choice, the Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35.

    Anyone run this combo of 27.5 front and 26" rear?
    We Ride In God's Country!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    Anyone? No one?
    We Ride In God's Country!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,338
    Not that specific bike, but if you search there are a lot of older threads about this combo since not all bikes could fit a rear 650B for the conversion. There were plenty of people happy with that set up.
    You could run it that way for a while. I believe Ibis said eventually they'd release the new rear swing arm as a standalone part.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    63
    I have 27.5 front on my Mojo HD160, and my wife has 27.5 front on her SL-R. We both love the setup. However, can't really say if it's the bigger front tire, or the slacker geometry/increased trail, or all of the above. We're both running 26" forks at 160mm (34mm fox for her, and a 36mm fox for me), so don't know how we'd like it with the increased A-C of a 27.5 fork either. Going to find out in a month or two, however, as she wants bigger than the 2.1 Nevegal on her bike.

    If I was in the market for a new bike, I would be seriously considering the new Pivot Mach 6 so I could run big 27.5 front and rear...

  5. #5
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,435
    Quote Originally Posted by lixxfe View Post
    I have 27.5 front on my Mojo HD160, and my wife has 27.5 front on her SL-R. We both love the setup. However, can't really say if it's the bigger front tire, or the slacker geometry/increased trail, or all of the above. We're both running 26" forks at 160mm (34mm fox for her, and a 36mm fox for me), so don't know how we'd like it with the increased A-C of a 27.5 fork either. Going to find out in a month or two, however, as she wants bigger than the 2.1 Nevegal on her bike.

    If I was in the market for a new bike, I would be seriously considering the new Pivot Mach 6 so I could run big 27.5 front and rear...
    If you're talking the 2.1 Nev in front, I've been running a 2.35 up front in 26" fork for awhile.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

  6. #6
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,435
    Actually there are several posts on SL's running 26r/650f. For XC purposes of course. I would have done that if an Ibis SL frame was in my budget. Similar to some with the Tranny running same setup SS/geared. What a pair of rigs that would make up a quiver with.

    Bumping up travel to the HD/HDR models you're obviously getting into some different riding terrain. Horses for courses....
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    If you're talking the 2.1 Nev in front, I've been running a 2.35 up front in 26" fork for awhile.
    Tried it. Too tight in the 2013 fox 34 for my taste. Fits ok in my 2011 fox 36.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldManBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    605
    No reason not to try it, many have, many like it. If your front-end starts wandering on climbs, lower your stem 1/4" and move your saddle forward 1/4".

  9. #9
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,435
    Quote Originally Posted by lixxfe View Post
    Tried it. Too tight in the 2013 fox 34 for my taste. Fits ok in my 2011 fox 36.
    Right, not up to date on newer models. I've got it in an '07 Vanilla and older Float.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    Cool. Thanks for the 411 on the SLs. Just what I was wondering.

    Did I see Mach 6? Coolness again.

    This 650b would just be my second bike, more for XC and for cheap. I'd go looking for used frame and fork where possible. I have a 650b'd TRc and while it does ride well, is just not quite the right fit for me. Whereas the Mojo SL and SLR and Mach 5.7 would be better.
    We Ride In God's Country!

Similar Threads

  1. Mojo SL-R rear derailleur "clunking"
    By johnsogr in forum Ibis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM
  2. Anyone Running 2.5" Front/Rear Tires on Butcher?
    By rmichaels55 in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM
  3. Kids mtb: 24" front with 20" rear
    By geek81 in forum Families and Riding with Kids
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 10:47 AM
  4. 26" front with 24" rear combo...anyone?
    By rollis in forum Families and Riding with Kids
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 07:43 PM
  5. 29" front / 26" rear wheel mtbs?
    By Schwinng in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •