Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Looks like ikon 650b coming...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Gripo 
#1 ·
#7 ·
My element came with 26" ikon 2.2s. I like the tread pattern a lot, but most impressive is the volume! Those things are huge, about the same size a mtn king 2.4.

I just built up my new 650b rear wheel, put a 2.2 ardent on it, and damn if it doesn't look slightly smaller volume! and my 650b rims are way wider than the 26s that came on the bike. Not impressed with the ardent size at all, definitely smaller than my RaRas.

#8 ·
My element came with 26" ikon 2.2s. I like the tread pattern a lot, but most impressive is the volume! Those things are huge, about the same size a mtn king 2.4.

I just built up my new 650b rear wheel, put a 2.2 ardent on it, and damn if it doesn't look slightly smaller volume! and my 650b rims are way wider than the 26s that came on the bike. Not impressed with the ardent size at all, definitely smaller than my RaRas.
I love the Ardent 2.25 as my current rear tire and think it has more volume than most, but the great thing is the World revolves differing opinions. It's bigger than any other tire 2.25 or less tire in the current 650b selection. Besides the Hans Damf 2.35, it is the tallest 27.5 tire measured by more than one on this forum.

#10 ·
I have Ardents front & rear...nice tires, especially nice is the peace of mind from the EXO sidewalls. Plan to put a HR2 up front when available, assuming it clears the fork.
RaRas are really nice, light, grip more than they should for how fast they are, but the durability is an issue...and they aren't cheap, so when you shred a sidewall, it is even more of a b!tch.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.