High Desert MTBer

Looking to build up a 27.5 from frame

I am looking to start a build from a frame up, and would love any pointers for a good place to start. Specifically, a good and fairly light frame that would give me around 6" of travel front and back... I would continue from there... I have been looking at the Intense Carbines, and wonder if anyone has any experience with them? I ride pretty hard up and down, and favorite terrain is chunky and technical; I want something that will bound uphill and soak up the downhill.

Too much to ask?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Got a pretty good quote under $1,300 for a Giant Trance 27.5 frameset with 140mm 5.5" travel that can be mated up to 160mm fork(sx model on same frame). That frame would be one of the lightest aluminum 27.5" frames out there with 5.5" rear travel. Internal cable routing, rear through axle capable, nice looking, good geometry. Giant maestro suspension is great! Very supple, yet still good at climbing with minimal bob.

The White Jeff W

Re: Looking to build up a 27.5 from frame

Transition Covert is worth a look. Kona Process 153 is getting great reviews.
    No moss...

tardcore
    Check out the Rocky Mountain Altitude. 150 rear, I'm running mine with a 160 front. Fastest bike up and down I've been on. Well, except for a DH bike on the downs. Very light frame too but solid, no flex and the adjustable geo is great for dialing in the bike.

mtbr member
    All good suggestions.
    The Troy from Devinci is getting rave reviews too, and don't forget the new carbon Range (160mm) and Sight (140mm) from Norco..... not sure if any of these are actually available yet, though.
    Our Homies down at Cycle Progression have been showing off some Pivot Mach 6's lately too..... ohhhh Mama!
    Pivot Mach 6 Carbon - Cycle Progression

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Get the Pivot Mach 6. The DW Link pedals super efficient and Pivot has great quality and design. I'd buy the bike complete if you can though, simply for the huge savings over building part by part.
    The Truth will set you free.