mtbr member

Lenz sport revelation 650b

Hi.
    Anybody got any information, or feedback on the revelation.
    I can't seem to find anything on it.
    Im interested in a full suspension 650b to race on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Here is a thread on the bike. Not much info though.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-69er-new...te-750222.html

According to 650b Palace production hasn't started yet, so I don't think you are going to be able to find anyone with any feedback.

650B Palace: 29er Full Suspension Builder to Begin Building 650B FS
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Good job!

I'm surprised they decided to go with the 650B model. When I called and talked to Devin about a year ago, inquiring about 650B, the conversation was more towards 29ers and not really interested in 650B (or that's how I interpreted it). I'm glad to see this though.
    I believe Lenz bikes to be top of the line and have heard the customer service is impeccable so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    I was thinking about the Leviathan myself.

mtbr member
    I contacted them, and they said there was a six month wait, also with the photos and geometry being 26" (possibly). i'm thinking it hasn't been built yet.

mtbr member
    Eee just skip that 584mm rim and go straight to 622mm Mamoth or Behemoth or Lunchbox. Very capable bike Mike Curiak rides it a lot along with PBJ.
    Lenz Lunchbox | u2metoo on blip.tv
    Lenz Lunchbox 29er on some Squamish XC trails on Vimeo

Master of the Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Eee just skip that 584mm rim and go straight to 622mm Mamoth or Behemoth or Lunchbox. Very capable bike Mike Curiak rides it a lot along with PBJ.
    Lenz Lunchbox | u2metoo on blip.tv
    Lenz Lunchbox 29er on some Squamish XC trails on Vimeo

DC why don't you just skip bashing 650b! You go play with your 29" hoops and leave us alone......
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

nothing relevant to say
    If it weren't for his trolling, he'd have nothing to contribute.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You gotta love DC! He always has the answer to a question no one asked.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Lenzsport, such a cool company, Ski bikes, PBJ, Milk Money SS FS, and they don't seem to care to wait for the market, they forge into it. Love it.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    Lenzsport, such a cool company, Ski bikes, PBJ, Milk Money SS FS, and they don't seem to care to wait for the market, they forge into it. Love it.
    +1.

Cutting edge stuff. Who would have thought a 6" freeride 29'er - let alone a 7" downhill - was even possible a few years ago.

His 29'ers are so advanced you wonder if they make 650b irrelevant.

But then goes ahead and builds the Revelation.

What I would give to spend a day or two demoing all these bikes to see which I could handle, which were a few miles over my head, and which was perfect for my ability.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just curious, but is there a rear shock that has a handlebar remote lockout? Being an SS'er I think the Milk Money is one of the coolest bikes, BUT I don't think I could ever get use to the bob of mashing up hill. If there were a way to lock it out completely and effectively make it a hard tail going up hill then that would make the MM even more intriguing to me. Maybe the ultimate endurance SS weapon.

mtbr member
    They don't bob like other designs due to the Concentric BB pivot. There is no chain pull extending the suspension system like with a conventional pivot placement or linkage type arrangement, Its good design ,combined with modern platform air shocks, i doubt you will be bobbing much if at all.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I just came across this thread. Thanks for the interest in Lenz Sport 650b bikes. Just to let you all know, we do have the 650b Revelation in production, but it is more of a "Made-to-order" bike. We actually have a medium one available though, and an extra small. So far, the bike is great. It's basically a Leviathan, but made for 650b wheels. We can do 4" travel or 3". You can see updated photos and geometry at this page on our site. We can also custom make any of our other models for 27.5 inch wheels.

Lenz Sport :: The best full-suspension mountain bikes :: Revelation 650b

Thanks,
    Nick @ Lenz Sport
    email anytime: sales@lenzsport.com

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by wigston View Post
    I just came across this thread. Thanks for the interest in Lenz Sport 650b bikes. Just to let you all know, we do have the 650b Revelation in production, but it is more of a "Made-to-order" bike. We actually have a medium one available though, and an extra small. So far, the bike is great. It's basically a Leviathan, but made for 650b wheels. We can do 4" travel or 3". You can see updated photos and geometry at this page on our site. We can also custom make any of our other models for 27.5 inch wheels.

Lenz Sport :: The best full-suspension mountain bikes :: Revelation 650b

Thanks,
    Nick @ Lenz Sport
    email anytime: sales@lenzsport.com
    The Lunchbox 650b sounds even better

http://lenzsport.com/detail.php?prodID=30

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    Yeah, and the new 2014 lunchbox is EVEN BETTER!! super short chainstay, and new downtube that allows piggy back shocks. The new 29er lunchbox is getting a lot of attention, and the 650b will be similar, but with shorter stays and geometry for 27.5" wheels.

check this thread that's going on in the 29er forum: The bike that started it all just got even better...

Thanks,
    Nick @ Lenz Sport

dwt
    mtbr member

Yeah, and the new 2014 lunchbox is EVEN BETTER!! super short chainstay, and new downtube that allows piggy back shocks. The new 29er lunchbox is getting a lot of attention, and the 650b will be similar, but with shorter stays and geometry for 27.5" wheels.

check this thread that's going on in the 29er forum: The bike that started it all just got even better...

Thanks,
    Nick @ Lenz Sport
    I'm not "too small" for 29" but prefer 27.5" because I just do.

Questions: 1) frame weight with shock?

2) what shock?

3) where can I find the spec for complete builds?

4) I like the higher than usual bb height, due to rocky pedal striking terrain where I ride. What is Devon's reasoning behind bucking the trend favoring low bb's? Cornering at speed for example?

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    They don't bob like other designs due to the Concentric BB pivot. There is no chain pull extending the suspension system like with a conventional pivot placement or linkage type arrangement, Its good design ,combined with modern platform air shocks, i doubt you will be bobbing much if at all.
    a two-year-old post...that still amuses due to the technical ignorance contained within it.

carry on.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    a two-year-old post...that still amuses due to the technical ignorance contained within it.

carry on.
    So you've ridden one, a Lenz and/or 650B then I take it.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

carry on.
    Nice insult. I give it a 9.

But it's just a hit and run, which is cowardly. You need to put your ass on the line and elaborate on the "technical ignorance" if you want a shred of credibility. Otherwise, you are just a turd throwing out insults.

"Carry on" indeed.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    I'm not "too small" for 29" but prefer 27.5" because I just do.

Questions: 1) frame weight with shock?

2) what shock?

3) where can I find the spec for complete builds?

4) I like the higher than usual bb height, due to rocky pedal striking terrain where I ride. What is Devon's reasoning behind bucking the trend favoring low bb's? Cornering at speed for example?

Thank you.
    That's great, and that's why we are offering all of our bikes in 27.5". Part of what sets us apart is having so many options.

The shock that comes standard with the new Lunchbox is the Fox Vanilla RC. We can do pretty much any shock you want. Some will be extra, and some won't. Frame/shock price is $2425 for the LB275.

We are working on getting full specs for complete builds on the site. I have them in spreadsheet form, so if you can shoot me an email, I will send it over. Keep in mind that the new Lunchbox and Behemoth cannot use a front derailleur. XX1 or X01 are best, but 1x10 or 1x9 groups also work out great. The performance advantages of the short chainstays are huge, so sacrificing a front derailleur is definitely worth it.

BB Height: We went with a little lower BB on the Lunchbox since it's moving towards the Freeride spectrum. The Behemoth keeps the slightly higher BB since it's slightly more XC/Trail oriented. Many people really wanted a 6" travel bike with a lower BB for lower COG and cornering capability. So now we have a solid trail bike for both styles. The LB is just more gravity oriented and the Behemoth is more trail oriented. Both are GREAT climbers though. I've heard nothing but positive comments about the climbing ability of the Lunchbox and the overall nimble nature of the bike. Devin has really hit the nail on the head with these two new models.

The full specs of all of these bikes will be on the website pretty soon. MTBR members are getting first dibs, because we love you guys!. These models are technically not released yet, but we'll have them listed pretty soon. Pre-orders are welcome.

Thanks,
    Nick
    email: sales@lenzsport.com

dwt
    mtbr member

That's great, and that's why we are offering all of our bikes in 27.5". Part of what sets us apart is having so many options.

The shock that comes standard with the new Lunchbox is the Fox Vanilla RC. We can do pretty much any shock you want. Some will be extra, and some won't. Frame/shock price is $2425 for the LB275.

We are working on getting full specs for complete builds on the site. I have them in spreadsheet form, so if you can shoot me an email, I will send it over. Keep in mind that the new Lunchbox and Behemoth cannot use a front derailleur. XX1 or X01 are best, but 1x10 or 1x9 groups also work out great. The performance advantages of the short chainstays are huge, so sacrificing a front derailleur is definitely worth it.

BB Height: We went with a little lower BB on the Lunchbox since it's moving towards the Freeride spectrum. The Behemoth keeps the slightly higher BB since it's slightly more XC/Trail oriented. Many people really wanted a 6" travel bike with a lower BB for lower COG and cornering capability. So now we have a solid trail bike for both styles. The LB is just more gravity oriented and the Behemoth is more trail oriented. Both are GREAT climbers though. I've heard nothing but positive comments about the climbing ability of the Lunchbox and the overall nimble nature of the bike. Devin has really hit the nail on the head with these two new models.

The full specs of all of these bikes will be on the website pretty soon. MTBR members are getting first dibs, because we love you guys!. These models are technically not released yet, but we'll have them listed pretty soon. Pre-orders are welcome.

Thanks,
    Nick
    email: sales@lenzsport.com
    According to the website the LB 650b has a bb height just over 14" while the Behemoth 29" is just under 14". Like I said, I'll take clearance over stability. The highest bb's I could find on other 650b bikes with the travel and purpose of the LB is 13.8" for Intense Tracer, 13.6" for Pivot Mach 6, & 13.5" for SC Bronson. Next issue for me is frame weight. As I get older, bikes with good travel and light weight are the holy grail. With 1X gearing, total weight in the 25lbs. range is what I not only want, but need for climbing.