mtbr member
    May 2007

Kelly Ro Sham Bo 650B/29'er?

I have the front triangle of a Kelly RSB 29'er that I plan to mate up to a rear end this Summer and build up as a SS rig. Anyone try to setup their RSB with a 650B rear wheel unit as a SS or geared unit? I've got the spec sheet on the geometry from Kelly's site, but I am not sure if I can modify the rear end to accept both 29'er and 650B's wheels without screwing up the geometry,,,,,,most importantly BB height and drop, Chainstay lenghts and tire clearance. One option that might work is to build the rear end to Chris' specs and just try out a 650B wheel but I'd rather tweak the frame geometry if possible to maximize the ride. I will be using Paragon sliding dropouts so adjustability of the rear wheel will be pretty easy and versatile. Thanks in advance for incoming beta

mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2007

thanks for the assist

I'll check out the blog Dr J, thanks
    might be meeting up with the framebuilder this afternoon or over the weekend to check out build options and geometry stuff

mtbr member
    my roshambo is the older style. i wanted to use the fat front, but the 71.5 head angle didnt play with the *slightly* smaller front wheel diameter and the 29 rear. Initially i used a 26 rear with a minion single ply downhill tyre, and a fat mavic rim. it was good, but a little stubborn steering. hence the 650b. it works ideally. even for technical riding with the low 11.25 ish bb it is fine if you dont mind the occasional strike. (it is fixed gear)

i love this bike. its almost as if it was made to do this...

mtbr member
    and of course itll run 29/29 nicely too...

mtbr member
    May 2007

swiss army bike

Quote Originally Posted by dRjOn
    and of course itll run 29/29 nicely too...

dRjOn, I am hoping to be able to run a few options on this bike with the Paragon sliders out back,,,,,,,, 29/29, 650b/29'er and for drag racing, a 29'er rear and 26 front. I'll see what is possible after mr jose murray crunches the #'s. thanks again for the replies
    peace on durt
    el rancho 66

2006 sswc RockStar
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dRjOn
    with added snow.........