mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Joined the 650b crowd. Bought a Ventana El Bastardo today!!

Meet another forum member today, Steve F, at a local trail to try out his Ventana El Bastardo he was selling. I came home with it. I am so happy on this bike. My other bike is a Ventana El Padrino which is a HT 29er and I knew from the first turn on the Bastardo that the 650B wheel size was it for me. This is also my first FS bike and can't believe how much I love the ride. The bike turns and handles much better than my Padrino and seems to ride over the stumps and rocks almost as well. I am 5'6" tall and just feel more comfortable on the Bastardo. I think that my quiver is really nice now. I think having the 29er and 650 is a nice compliment. It could be because it is a new bike, well used but new to me, but I think I'll be riding the Bastardo most of the time. Sorry Padrino.

On another note Steve was a really great guy. When he originally listed the bike it had a ding in the rear rim and the fork was acting a tad funny. So before Steve met me he replaced the rim, had the fork serviced and even had the rotors and brake pads replaced. And with doing all that he didn't raise the price. I thought that was really cool. We did have an issue with the brakes rubbing and making a creaking noise but we stopped in the middle of the ride and adjusted them and that got rid of the problem. When I got home today I took it to my LBS and had the mechanic there adjust them perfect. He said they were just off a tad so Steve you did good. Just wanted to share my happiness and excitement to be part of the 650 crowd. What a killer combination. I love this wheel size.

Thanks,

Chuck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice! Congrats.

mtbr member
    Welcome to the revolution....you're gonna like this bike.

mtbr member
    Dang, you are way too happy with this bike! I should've asked for more money.

Enjoy it! I'm glad it's found a happy home...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Woohoo! Let the good times roll.

bastardriderMike

mtbr member
    Congratulations!!