mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Jamis Dakar Pro - 650b Build

Hi All,

I am failry new to this forum and thought I post up my latest build

2012 Jamis Dakar Pro - Frame, Fork & Headset

Here is there specs:

Kinesium alloy main triangle, asymmetrical chainstays with 12 x 135mm thru-axle dropouts, 130mm travel mp4 linkage design, 1.5 - 1 1/8 tapered head tube, cartridge bearing pivots, Rock Shox Monarch RT3 high volume shock, 10mm hardware, replaceable derailleur hanger, Maxle Lite rear axle. White Brothers Loop TCR 650B with 15mm front axle, 32mm stanchions, tapered alloy steerer, Aura damping, external compression, rebound & threshold adjustors, magnesium lower legs, 130mm travel. FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero-Stack internal cup, for tapered head tube, 30mm shim stack.

Here are the build specs of the bike

Jamis - Dakar Frame
    White Bros 130mm Fork
    Stans Crest w/I9 Hubs
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph Tires
    SRAM XO Rear Derail
    SRAM XX Grip Shift - Rear Only 1 x 10
    SRAM XX Brakes - Front
    SRAM 1091 Chain
    SRAM XG-1099 Cassette
    Race Face Bash Guard 32 tooth
    Race Face Dues Ti Cranks
    Race Face Next SL 3/4 Riser Bars
    Race Face Turbine stem 90mm
    Bontrager Race X Lite Grips
    Race Face Next SL Seat Post
    Bontrager Evoke RL Saddle

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Is it finished or is that just the parts you're using?

Lightweight build...we will need weight, pics and ride report
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Is it finished or is that just the parts you're using?

Lightweight build...we will need weight, pics and ride report
    Waiting on the wheels and the E13 chain guide. I'm hoping to have the parts in the next 2 weeks

I'm selling my Moots Zirkel to pay for this bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Here is a picture of the bike as it sits right now waiting for wheels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jamis Dakar Pro - 650b Build-2012-09-16-mtb-jamis-build-7-.jpg  

The White Jeff W
    I have one and love it, except the White Bros Fluid fork. Hope you got the Loop
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    I have one and love it, except the White Bros Fluid fork. Hope you got the Loop
    Yep it came with "White Brothers Loop TCR 650B "

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Have a weight on that bad boy yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The bike is finally complete. The i9 wheels with the Stans Rims make the bike. I will have better pictures tonight as this picture doesn't do the bike justice.

With Expedo Flat Pedals the bike is 25.02lbs

without the bike is 23.98lbs

and yes it rides incredible. I still have some fork tuning to do but that is very simple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jamis Dakar Pro - 650b Build-2010-10-05-mtb-jamis-build-9197sm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Very niiiice. Can't believe that weight. Something to strive for with my '12 650B. What is the deal with your RT 3 shock? does it lock out completely or just have a "pro pedal" type adjustment? My bike came with the straight up Monarch with no switch. Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPhatrick View Post
    Very niiiice. Can't believe that weight. Something to strive for with my '12 650B. What is the deal with your RT 3 shock? does it lock out completely or just have a "pro pedal" type adjustment? My bike came with the straight up Monarch with no switch. Enjoy the ride!
    I was shocked I was able to get it that low. I was hoping for 26lbs without pedals. As for the RT3 shock i haven't played with it much. Hoping to play with it more this weekend.

I rode single track with the bike last weekend and the bike is my new favorite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jamis Dakar Pro - 650b Build-2012-10-21-mtb-jamis-1st-real-ride-001sm.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'm still surprised at the weight.

Finally got my 2011 B2 all put together and it weighed 30.5lbs with a carbon bar, light weight bash and Straitline flats (not the lightest I know). Jamis claims 28.5lbs. Ok, maybe my highly accurate bath scale is off. Oh, I added a slightly modified (to fit the Jamis) Specialized Dangler chain device and zero chain slap or noise.

Loop fork is really good and actually gets full travel. I may bump it to 140mm travel. Can't get full travel with the Monarch shock yet and I''m watching that closely after reading of 2 other issues like this. Bike steers very nice with little twitcheyness. I installed 75mm stem and 720mm carbon bars and never tried the stock Jamis 110mm stem and 680mm bars. Climbs pretty good and the stock WTB Wolverine 2.2 tires seem to work good so far in dry conditions and roll well. So far so good with the Joplin dropper post and it's quite smooth IMO. Very comfy size bike for my 6' height.

Definitely a nice upgrade over my 650B converted Prophet
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    I'm still surprised at the weight.

Finally got my 2011 B2 all put together and it weighed 30.5lbs with a carbon bar, light weight bash and Straitline flats (not the lightest I know). Jamis claims 28.5lbs. Ok, maybe my highly accurate bath scale is off. Oh, I added a slightly modified (to fit the Jamis) Specialized Dangler chain device and zero chain slap or noise.

Loop fork is really good and actually gets full travel. I may bump it to 140mm travel. Can't get full travel with the Monarch shock yet and I''m watching that closely after reading of 2 other issues like this. Bike steers very nice with little twitcheyness. I installed 75mm stem and 720mm carbon bars and never tried the stock Jamis 110mm stem and 680mm bars. Climbs pretty good and the stock WTB Wolverine 2.2 tires seem to work good so far in dry conditions and roll well. So far so good with the Joplin dropper post and it's quite smooth IMO. Very comfy size bike for my 6' height.

Definitely a nice upgrade over my 650B converted Prophet
    I need to swap my stem out to a 75mm I feel a little more stretched out then I want to be on this bike.

I am also playing with the rear shock. I really need to dig out the manual and learn more about this shock because right now anything I do is simply quessing.

I may be a dropper post for this bike next season for when I go to more technical trails