mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-gardenstatedemo.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-cunninghamparkshare.jpg  

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-thecycleworksdemoshare.jpg  

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-mtbjamboreedemo.jpg  

Wrench
    Love my Alloy Nemesis. 22.5 pounds race ready. I'd like to try the carbon, see if I can notice a huge difference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Already put my order in for my Carbon Nemesis. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Will there be XLs available to ride? If so,what models?
    Last edited by Bigrocks; 10-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.

dwt
    mtbr member

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos

I have a 2010 B2 that is a great ride. Converted it to 1X10, replaced Joplin dropper with carbon post, front wheel is ZTR 355 rim, King 20mm hub, Rocket Ron tire. Bike now weighs a tad over 27 lbs., which helps climbing. Slackened HTA to 67.5* with Works Angleset, which helps descending.

Jamis was early in on this wheel size and the bikes are a blast. If you can attend a demo, do it.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrocks View Post
    Will there be XLs available to ride? If so,what models?
    All the 650B models will be made in 15", 17", 19" and 21" according to their 2014 catalog. A select few will also have a 13" model.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I was asking if there will be any XL bikes at the demo, not if they are making any XLs. I've been other company's demos and there were no XL sizes to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrocks View Post
    I was asking if there will be any XL bikes at the demo, not if they are making any XLs. I've been other company's demos and there were no XL sizes to ride.
    We do our best to accommodate as many riders as possible. This week we will have a XCT 650 Team 21" and a Nemesis 650 Pro 21" available for demo. If there is a bike you had in mind, we can take requests but we can't guarantee they will be available.

NedwannaB

Long lost brother?...

Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    I have a 2010 B2 that is a great ride. Converted it to 1X10, replaced Joplin dropper with carbon post, front wheel is ZTR 355 rim, King 20mm hub, Rocket Ron tire. Bike now weighs a tad over 27 lbs., which helps climbing. Slackened HTA to 67.5* with Works Angleset, which helps descending.

Jamis was early in on this wheel size and the bikes are a blast. If you can attend a demo, do it.
    Slightly OT brand hijack, but us being early participants in the 650 movement, had to post up pic!

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-khs-side.jpg
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

dwt
    mtbr member

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Slightly OT brand hijack, but us being early participants in the 650 movement, had to post up pic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	khs side.jpg 
Views:	719 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	840936
    Nice. Also1X drivetrain, I see.

KHS another important early adopter of 650b, and also worthy of consumer interest and support. No need to flock to high priced bikes with sexier brand names. Plenty of bike choices among the early adopters, which stuck their necks out way before the "fad", beating the path for the bigger brand names, which now can now safely cash in.

Except for Special Ed of course, so far. I don't see how the public is especially hurt by their decision to holdout.

NedwannaB
    Yeah its an '09ish 26" model. Had converted 650 f&r at one point now big 26"(wider rim w/2.4 Mutano in back). Cheating with a triple on now but works good in trail bike mode. 1x setup is presently being used for a 650b Superlight conversion build. Soon to be up and running.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

650B/27.5 is coming to Texas in December!

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-austin-jamis-demo-flyer_reduced.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-dfw-jamis-demo-flyer_reduced.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-sanantoniodemoshare.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-houstontxdemoshare.jpg

mtbr member
    I wish the demo had come to Iowa this fall. Any chance next spring?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    We'll have demos in Iowa come the Spring. Stay tuned for more demo opportunities!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad_M View Post
    I wish the demo had come to Iowa this fall. Any chance next spring?

mtbr member
    You could bounce up to Bentonville, AR... maybe???

I'd love to try out your D29 HT...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi All,

We're sick of the snow! Jamis is migrating South for the rest of the winter! Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all of our events. Check out the upcoming demos below:

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos-bicyclery-demo.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-ftlauderdaledemo2.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-key-biscayne-demo.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-open-road-demo.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-bicycle-doctor-demo.jpgJamis Bikes 650B Demos-santosfattirefbdemo.jpg

You got this!
    Mar 2009
    Wish you guys were coming closer to me. It'd be a fun road trip to Florida though!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wholesalestunna View Post
    Wish you guys were coming closer to me. It'd be a fun road trip to Florida though!
    We'll be doing a demo with Cycle Therapy at Tanglewood on March 22nd. We hope you can make it!

dwt
    mtbr member

Jamis Bikes 650B Demos

Quote Originally Posted by @Jamisbikes View Post
    Hi All,

We're sick of the snow! Jamis is migrating South for the rest of the winter! Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date
    I can see the point for a bike manufacturer to go south & ride, demo and sell bikes for the winter. But for the rest if us, the Winter Olympics shows all of the
    challenging and fun things to do with snow and in cold weather: Cross-training. Get some classic cross country skis and take them on your usual mtb trails, assuming they are heavily covered. That will get your aerobic juices going, plus it is weight bearing & good for the bones, unlike cycling, which is a reason I'm not into fat bikes on the snow, why bother? There are so many other activities to do. "All bike and no ski makes John a one dimensional boy". Not to mention that bikes on the ski trails, as well as snowshoes, tend to wreck the ski tracks. Bad mojo.

If you live somewhere that has it, short track speed skating is a blast. Takes a long time to learn, hockey or other skating background a real plus. But once you get the basics down (3 years minimum) get your speed into the 20's mph, and learn to pivot your corners (gliding on right leg only, left hand fingers on the ice) you'll find a new athletic high that makes winter cycling look lame. Plus your quads will become enormous

You got this!
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by @Jamisbikes View Post
    We'll be doing a demo with Cycle Therapy at Tanglewood on March 22nd. We hope you can make it!
    Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully my work schedule can cooperate. I've added it to the calendar