Sail On!

Jamis B1 44ZS Headset Tapered Fork?

I have 2010 Jamis B1 frame I am building up with a 44mm ZS semi-integrated headset. If I get the proper headset can I fit a tapered fork in there? The headtube seems big enough but it does not have the bell shape of other tapered headtubes. All of these new standards are giving me a headache.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    According to the cane creek headset fit finder you cannot run a tapered steerer on that bike.

Your Headset

This combination is not a standard product, but Cane Creek may support it. Try searching again or call Cane Creek at 800-234-2725 for more information.

Top Frame Standard:
    SHIS:44 - 1-1/8" Zero Stack ZS Standard

Bottom Frame Standard:
    No Matching Bottom Standards were found.

Steerer:
    SHIS:28.6|40 - Tapered-1.125"-1.5"

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You can use this: Cane Creek 40.EC44/40.Bottom Assembly

But it'll raise your bar height by 12mm.

I have a spare that I took off my old bike, <50 miles. PM me if you're interested.

mtbr member
    What is the length of the tapered area on the fork steer tube? I have a frame I'd like to try this on to run b-26 with a nicer fork. The headtube is short though so am wondering how far up the taper reaches. Will it affect the upper bearing race...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    You can use this: Cane Creek 40.EC44/40.Bottom Assembly

But it'll raise your bar height by 12mm.

I have a spare that I took off my old bike, <50 miles. PM me if you're interested.
    That 12mm will raise the BB too, and also slacken the bike's head angle by about 0.7 degrees.....not saying it will be bad (could even be an improvement), but it will not handle the same as it does now.

Sail On!
    Thanks everyone! Seems it can be done with a special lower race. 12mm is really not much of a height penalty. I am sure I can adjust the headset spacers to compensate.