Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    DILLIGAF

Ibis Mojo HDR 650B??

Ibis is announcing a new bike 6/10. There is a lot speculation by the ibisians but the concesus is that it is a Mojo HD-R 650B. Details sleuthed from the ibis website:

HD-R b-Sample
    130mm travel with 650b wheels
    160mm Post Mount Rear Brake, 180/185 rotors work with adapters
    BB height w/ 2.3" tires: 352mm (13.8")
    Geometry measured with 140mm 650b 34 Fox fork, 534.4 Axle to Crown height
    Trail: 100mm

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If that's the speculation, I'll stick with my 650b Mojo HD 140. Where did that travel number come from? I personally would have expected a 150mm bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    agreed those specs seem weak given what the current HD converted to 650b has...

mtbr member
    It's not going to be 130mm

Old goat
    Aug 2009
    what's wrong with 130mm, especially if it fits all manner of tires without issue or need for travel reduction on the stock shock? works for loads of very popular bikes. seems a 'win' to me. especially if you can still get a 140. /shrug

mtbr member
    130=not going to happen.

mtbr member
    HD and 130 don't belong in the same sentence. The HD 650 is going to be a Bronson competitor, not an XC bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    why don't they just come out with a new rear triangle that fits HD160 frame and accommodates bigger tires/full travel? wouldn't that be great...

mtbr member
    It doesn't work like that, plus they might be doing updated layups and different linkages. A lot of us that have rode the HD in the 650B config don't like it as much. You cannot just design a new rear and fit it to the front and call it a day. Ibis knows this. Again if the frame is even an HD update. Again nobody knowsssssssss till Monday, but I will see it Monday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    we'll just hold our breath and cynical replies till June 10....;-)

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    I will hold my breath...
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    I am about to pull the trigger on a long travel AM bike, still trying to decide on a 29er or a 650b. I rode the HD and the Ripley, liked the HD, loved the Ripley but wanted at least 140mm of travel. Frankly the amount of time Ibis takes to put out a bike is very disapointing to say the least, case and point the Ripley! People have been demanding a 650b HD for years now. That is the bike I want, the bike I will not hesitate to pull the trigger on. Yet having to wait all summer without a ride, well thats just cruel!

Meanwhile Santa Cruz has put out the Bronson and Solo in addition to their Tallboy LT! All of which seem to be readily available!

So my question is ... realistically when can I expect to have the Mojo HD 650b in my hands and on the trail?

Should I just go get the Bronson and put an end to this endless wait? Also interested in the Enduro 29er, but even though it has been released no shops have em! Why is the bike industry dragging its feet in a massive cluster f@$% of logistics?

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMjunky View Post
    So my question is ... realistically when can I expect to have the Mojo HD 650b in my hands and on the trail?
    How can we know? You can convert a 26" HD 140 to 650b today, that setup is approved by Ibis. Besides that, anything we have is speculation. Speculating is fun but I would not use it as a decision factor for planning a bike purchase. We might know more on Monday when Ibis makes their announcement.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My sense is you will not have to wait that long, but it may be difficult to get one until later in the summer. I still don't understand why everyone got so uptight about the Ripley--they showed a protoype version and specifically stated it would not be available for some time. When they finally did release it, frames were ready and out the door pretty much immediately. Ibis has said that they are moving towards a model of being more secretive about new bikes until they are ready to ship. Personally, I prefer knowing whether something is coming because I can wait. Others seem to take that so much harder.

On the bike itself, seems that the best speculation is a 150/130 limbo chipped HD-R 650b with some of the frame design elements developed with the SLR.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I think in the case of the Ripley it was developing and ironing out all the kinks in the eccentrics which changed multiple times and then they had to switch up carbon manufacturers to meet the expected QC. Long travel eccentrics might prove difficult. Do they have to increase in size to get the needed travel??? Maybe we will still see little links still but the eccentrics are very slick. Hard to believe they would drop the travel to 130mm either. HD owners and fans will cry foul. I see no reason why it couldn't be 140, 150, or 160. Pick the right shock length combined with limbo chips and bingo, have it your way.

All I know is if the newly revealed bike is a slick new HD 650B my new Banshee Spitfire V2 frame might never leave the shipping box. No other new bike frame but a true 650B HD would make me think of doing something that crazy. Now the wait until Monday!

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    All I know is if the newly revealed bike is a slick new HD 650B my new Banshee Spitfire V2 frame might never leave the shipping box. No other new bike frame but a true 650B HD would make me think of doing something that crazy. Now the wait until Monday!
    LOL Skidad! Do not be crazy and build that bad baby already, I want to see it in action. I am with you btw., a 130mm HD is not happening. This is a super exciting year for 650b fans, is not it?

mtbr member
    Interesting. I was wondering when Ibis would hit the 650B officially. So many tough choices in the 650B and 29'er enduro bike market right now!

mtbr member
    Changing the HD to 130mm travel, is as good of an idea as a breast reduction for cosmetic reasons. Its almost never a good idea to kill the fun factor in favor of practicality.

140mm HD 650b - NO!
    150mm HD 650b - OK, fine I'll take it!
    160mm HD 650b - YES Please!
    170mm HD 650b - HMMMMM?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMjunky View Post
    Changing the HD to 130mm travel, is as good of an idea as a breast reduction for cosmetic reasons. Its almost never a good idea to kill the fun factor in favor of practicality.

140mm HD 650b - NO!
    150mm HD 650b - OK, fine I'll take it!
    160mm HD 650b - YES Please!
    170mm HD 650b - HMMMMM?
    Definitely 160mm is the most interesting possibility.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by msimmons View Post
    Ibis is announcing a new bike 6/10. There is a lot speculation by the ibisians but the concesus is that it is a Mojo HD-R 650B. Details sleuthed from the ibis website:

HD-R b-Sample
    130mm travel with 650b wheels
    160mm Post Mount Rear Brake, 180/185 rotors work with adapters
    BB height w/ 2.3" tires: 352mm (13.8")
    Geometry measured with 140mm 650b 34 Fox fork, 534.4 Axle to Crown height
    Trail: 100mm
    Im betting this too, but also the ability to throw in 26in wheels and out it back to 160mm

DILLIGAF
    I love the way my Mojo SL 650B handles! But...I have had my eye on a new Ripley. And now the possibility of an HD-R 650B. TOUGH choices!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The problem is, a 650b bike with less than 150mm of travel wouldn't be interesting. It wouldn't be a bike Ibis would be willing to make. Ibis wouldn't release a second 140mm bike with slight geometry differences and fairly similar wheel sizes. A shorter travel 650b bike would be silly, with the Ripley as nimble as it reportedly is. The most compelling case for a 650b full-suspension bike is the longer-travel AM bike, and Ibis is farsighted enough (and sensitive enough to its customers) to know this. That points to an updated HD at around 160mm.

Between the Ripley and the SL/SL-R, I cannot imagine Ibis being stupid enough to release a 130mm trail bike. It won't happen, and if it's what's released tomorrow, I will go to goodwill and purchase a hat just so I can eat it.

Addendum: I meant the above to only consider full-suspension bikes. Personally I think a 650b Tranny built into a 17lb rocketship would be a barrel of fun too, but I don't think anyone's seriously expecting that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2405 View Post
    The problem is, a 650b bike with less than 150mm of travel wouldn't be interesting. It wouldn't be a bike Ibis would be willing to make. Ibis wouldn't release a second 140mm bike with slight geometry differences and fairly similar wheel sizes. A shorter travel 650b bike would be silly, with the Ripley as nimble as it reportedly is. The most compelling case for a 650b full-suspension bike is the longer-travel AM bike, and Ibis is farsighted enough (and sensitive enough to its customers) to know this. That points to an updated HD at around 160mm.

Between the Ripley and the SL/SL-R, I cannot imagine Ibis being stupid enough to release a 130mm trail bike. It won't happen, and if it's what's released tomorrow, I will go to goodwill and purchase a hat just so I can eat it.

Addendum: I meant the above to only consider full-suspension bikes. Personally I think a 650b Tranny built into a 17lb rocketship would be a barrel of fun too, but I don't think anyone's seriously expecting that.
    Will you eat the hat if it is 130-150 adjustable travel?

DILLIGAF
    Mojo HDR 650B released!

Mojo HDR 650b | Bikes | Ibis Cycles US

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Ibis Mojo HDR 650B??

Quote Originally Posted by pdumas View Post
    Will you eat the hat if it is 130-150 adjustable travel?
    Have you ridden the Ripley?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast