Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,362

    How to convert my Blur TRc 2012 to 650b

    Please can someone give me some advice on where to start on the conversion, I was going to get some Arch EX rims with 2.25 Maxxis Ardents, frame size is a large front fork is a Fox Float 150 RLc set to 140mm,rear shock is an RP23 Kashima.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vizsladog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,320
    Do a search. I believe you have to shim the shock on that bike

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by vizsladog View Post
    Do a search. I believe you have to shim the shock on that bike
    He's right. All you need to do is shim the shock with about 3mm of nylon washers from Home Depot. Put some 650b wheels on and you're good to go. Shimming the shock is incredibly easy, easier than changing a tire:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/shi...0b-810749.html
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,380
    Those Ardents are high volume for a 2.25, so you might run into some clearance issues at the rear. I originally was going to use the Ardents, but then decided on some 27.5x2.25 Nobby Nics to avoid any clearance issues.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    280
    Whether you need to shim or not depends on which tires you want to run. The larger the outer diameter the more likely you would need to shim the shock. FWIW, it appears to have about 1-2 mm less room than the aluminum LT2.

    Fred

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    He's right. All you need to do is shim the shock with about 3mm of nylon washers from Home Depot. Put some 650b wheels on and you're good to go. Shimming the shock is incredibly easy, easier than changing a tire:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/shi...0b-810749.html

    Just take note they have the shims on the wrong side off the OEM steel shim in those pics. The bottom out o ring should act directly on the steel shim and not the home made travel stop shims..

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,362
    Thanks for the help, very much appreciated , I will search some more , great heads up on the tyres.. will order some wheels next pay day

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Just take note they have the shims on the wrong side off the OEM steel shim in those pics. The bottom out o ring should act directly on the steel shim and not the home made travel stop shims..
    So where does the travel stop shim go? Forward of the steel shim?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by briancasigen View Post
    Whether you need to shim or not depends on which tires you want to run. The larger the outer diameter the more likely you would need to shim the shock.So good answer.Thank you very much.
    *********************l/qu5Zsl[/img]
    I'm using a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25x650b on my 2012 TRc, and have already determined that I want to shim slightly based on compressing the rear suspension without air in the shock (an RP23). I have some 3mm nylon washers to use. My only question is where the shim goes inside the shock, forward of the metal shim at the top of the air can, or behind it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 07:00 AM
  2. What do I need to convert a Blur?
    By Fourtango in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM
  3. convert my 29 to 650b
    By b-kul in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
  4. Help me convert my SC Heckler to 650B
    By smmokan in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  5. Anybody convert from Blur XCc to TB?
    By ack500 in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 10:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •