Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

The Haro Beasleys are in the building!

After many delays, most of which were far outside of our control, we're pleased to announce that our first production run of Bealsey 650B bikes are in our warehouses! This is a very small run that consists mostly of 1 x 9's with a few 20" SS bikes. The balance of the SS bikes are due to ship any day so we should see those in a couple of weeks.

This first run is selling incredibly quickly...most of the shipment we just received is going to satisfy dealers who pre-ordered these bikes. So if you are thinking about picking up a Beasley, I'd head to your local dealer NOW!

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Congrats Jill!

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Can they be ordered as a frame only?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    Can they be ordered as a frame only?
    No, completes only. MSRP is about $980 for the SS and $1300 for the 1 x 9.

mtbr member
    I wanna know why that boat is there in that first pic. rw

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    I'm calling my local dealer today to get my Beasley. Can you reserve a 22" 1x9, thanks

no fat chicks
    whats the axle to crown length of that fork, somewhere around 8 feet or so?
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I wanna know why that boat is there in that first pic. rw
    The bikes had to get here somehow.

mtbr member
    Rowboat on land - no wonder they took so long!

They look great Jill!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There was a blonde out on a rowboat one day in the middle of a wheat field. Then another blonde drives by and yells to the one in a rowboat, "It's people like you that give us a bad name!! And if I could swim I would go out there and kick your butt!

Sorry, it's Friday...

These do look pretty good. I like the black SS.

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Rowboat on land - no wonder they took so long!

They look great Jill!!

mtbr member
    Man do I ever like these bikes..I will have one of these by next May.(after I finish my other two projects) Great great looking bike.....I also heard that Haro was making a 29er Beasley for 2010.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steelbike
    There was a blonde out on a rowboat one day in the middle of a wheat field. Then another blonde drives by and yells to the one in a rowboat, "It's people like you that give us a bad name!! And if I could swim I would go out there and kick your butt!

Sorry, it's Friday...

These do look pretty good. I like the black SS.
    It looks black in the photos doesn't it? Well guess again, it is way cooler in person, sort of a really dark grey metallic paint job. Really striking in person!

mtbr member
    Nice. When they sell the frameset, I'm in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Man do I ever like these bikes..I will have one of these by next May.(after I finish my other two projects) Great great looking bike.....I also heard that Haro was making a 29er Beasley for 2010.....
    Hmmm...really?

Our Beasley bikes will always be 650B bikes, so we won't be doing a 29er version.

For 2010, we will be making 2 significant modifications to the Mary frames which might be what you heard about. One is we'll start using a fork on the SS that looks just like the Beasley riigid steel fork. The second is the Mary top tube will get a little bend in it similar to the Beasley frame for increased standover.

mtbr member
    May 2007

I got mine!!!

I just got my Beasley a week ago and immediately put on a X-Fusion Velvet fork, THE carbon integrated handlebar/stem and an SDG carbon post with a Formula I-Beam saddle. Rode the San Clemente Single Tracks and I was blown away at how fast this baby rides. Handles awesome as well! I used to struggle keeping up with my buddies who rode their 29ers, but my legs were too short to ever purchase a properly fitting bike so i couldn't wait till this baby came into stock. It was well worth the wait! I haven't had this much fun on a hardtale since the late 90's. Kudo's to Haro for coming out with the first production 650B. I think Tom Ritchey knew what he was talking about!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hansolo
    I just got my Beasley a week ago and immediately put on a X-Fusion Velvet fork, THE carbon integrated handlebar/stem and an SDG carbon post with a Formula I-Beam saddle. Rode the San Clemente Single Tracks and I was blown away at how fast this baby rides. Handles awesome as well! I used to struggle keeping up with my buddies who rode their 29ers, but my legs were too short to ever purchase a properly fitting bike so i couldn't wait till this baby came into stock. It was well worth the wait! I haven't had this much fun on a hardtale since the late 90's. Kudo's to Haro for coming out with the first production 650B. I think Tom Ritchey knew what he was talking about!!
    Awesome!

Thanks for the ride report, Hansolo. We're really stoked to hear you love your Beasley.

mtbr member
    Is the single speed drop out interchange able with the greared one? I really like the Black...

mtbr member
    May 2007

... and if we just ...

just got back from a night ride at hidden ridge/water works in ladera ranch and beat the rain. It's my new favorite ride and the crew I ride with is definitely jealous. I'll have to plan lots of rides around this baby! I dig my cherry cola beasley with the gold nipples! Nice touch on the nips!

mtbr member
    Hit us with some photos please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hansolo
    just got back from a night ride at hidden ridge/water works in ladera ranch and beat the rain. It's my new favorite ride and the crew I ride with is definitely jealous. I'll have to plan lots of rides around this baby! I dig my cherry cola beasley with the gold nipples! Nice touch on the nips!

TNC
    noMAD man

Aaaack!

Now before some of you purists get your shorts in a wad, I am glad to see "any" 650B bike produced by anyone...and I like Haro...owned a neat Haro in '05...our shop sells Haro...and one of the other guys at the shop is getting a Beasley. But I can still never get my head around rigid single speed mountainbikes...no matter what size wheels are on them. I'm glad people like them, but I always think about them in light of taking out the tranny and removing the suspension from my dirt motor. Would it make dirt riding more challenging and difficult?...oh hell yeah...but why? Well, enough of that. I'm not bashing the Beasley...just commenting about the concept. Different perspectives make things interesting, and I'm all for that. I'm sure I'll take that Beasley that a co-worker is getting for a spin...just not off road.

One question...on someone's comment about the Beasley being the first production 650B bike, why would the Ventana Bastardo not qualify? And on those Carver models, were they just existing bikes that happen to fit 650B? Just curious.

mtbr member
    I would categorize the Beasley as the first 650b bike produced by a mid-sized bike company in a large batch type offering.

I would say that the Carver Killer B pre-dates the Beasley but it is more of a one off Ti built to order type bike compared to the big number of Beasley gearies and SS bikes that will be flying out the doors of Haro.

I'd also say the Beasley predates the El Bastardo

And TNC - don't knock it til ya try it. You might enjoy the precise steering, the lightness of the bike, and the lack of fork dive etc. etc. Just sayin.....

Cheers,

Mark

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The Beasely is sold as a complete bike only, no frames.
    Ventana and Carver sell frames.

Quote Originally Posted by TNC

One question...on someone's comment about the Beasley being the first production 650B bike, why would the Ventana Bastardo not qualify? And on those Carver models, were they just existing bikes that happen to fit 650B? Just curious.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    [QUOTE=TNC]Now before some of you purists get your shorts in a wad, I am glad to see "any" 650B bike produced by anyone...and I like Haro...owned a neat Haro in '05...our shop sells Haro...and one of the other guys at the shop is getting a Beasley. But I can still never get my head around rigid single speed mountainbikes...no matter what size wheels are on them. I'm glad people like them, but I always think about them in light of taking out the tranny and removing the suspension from my dirt motor. Would it make dirt riding more challenging and difficult?...oh hell yeah...but why? Well, enough of that. I'm not bashing the Beasley...just commenting about the concept. Different perspectives make things interesting, and I'm all for that. I'm sure I'll take that Beasley that a co-worker is getting for a spin...just not off road.

Hopefully I'm doing this right...kinda new to this forum thing.
    My back used to hurt after every mtb ride before suspension was invented on mtb bikes. Once I was actually able to purchase a fully suspended bike, I vowed to never ride a hardtail again. That being said, my Heckler is an awesome all around bike, but it is actually overkill for some of the trails around here. Loamy trails with sweeping turns, smooth short downhills coupled with short uphills and fireroad climbs. These can be rides that are race speeds most of the time and I never knew how much power I lost on some of these climbs until I test rode some 29ers and then the Beasley. My legs were too short and the geometry was compromised on the small 29ers, so I couldn't wait till I got the Haro. It is everything I expected it to be....it's like driving a rallye car on the Paris Dakar, not a monster truck. Of course I'm NOT a purist so I couldn't have a rigid front end, since I do want to ride for the rest of my life without pain. Not to mention the dental work can be pretty expensive when you lose your last set of teeth. Anyways here are some pics of my new love! A little dirty from the last two nights of railing....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Hansolo, you rode some 29ers, too, eh? I've read that the larger diameter wheels give a smoother ride than a 26" hardtail would. Did you notice that effect on the 29ers? And do you notice it on the Beasley?

TNC
    noMAD man
    Watch those shorts, hans...LOL!...now, I'm totally kidding. Yeah, I used the term "purists" in a joking manner, because after all...what is pure in MTB'ing anymore...and we're better off for it.

No hans...you are disqualified. You have gears and a front suspension fork. Oh the humanity! Hey...nice setup there. Now I'd actually like to take that off road just to see how it shakes out. Yeah, I am an old and broken down dirt motor rider who came to enjoy MTB'ing later in life, so I appreciate and perhaps only know that suspension should be on each end of "my" bike. But I appreciate the fact that many others like their MTB's served up in all manner of configurations. Haro may have been wise to offer up the Beasley with a rigid fork. No one is painted into a corner on fork choice, and it bypasses that sticky official "no fit" policy that some companies have about their forks and 650B...no names mentioned.

Now hans, lets talk about those handlebars...LOL! Seriously though, nice setup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast