mtbr member

Haro Beasley Seat tube size???

Thought the traffic of 650-ers would be better here. Yes I tried researching and searching. I had my LBS (their great) order me a g-dropper post. The short story is it's all wrong. So I'm doing the homework before returning it to him for an exchange.

My first step before calling Gravity dropper for info on a proper shim is find out my seat tube size. It comes with a 31.6 post. Came new with shim already on bike. So all I know is it's shimmed oem with a 31.6 and the seat post clamp is a 34.9.

Don't know the actual seat tube I.D. size without the shim. Currently it fits but with two shims ekkk.

I could have lived with two shims but the GD is a 5"inch drop model which is too tall in the up position. Since I'm doing a do over I would prefer one shim.

No mic's or calipers. Anyone ??
    Last edited by jimbowho; 08-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    So rather than buy a caliper yourself you want one of us to remove our perfectly set seatpost and the shim also to do the measuring for you?
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is it steel? I would guess 27.2.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    So rather than buy a caliper yourself you want one of us to remove our perfectly set seatpost and the shim also to do the measuring for you?
    No dimwit, I was hoping someone had the knowledge and would know. I have a plastic caliper from the reloading days and don't trust it. You know some people are really good at remembering specs and stuff like this, and others not so much. I don't want to go out and find a nice pair of calipers to use once.

So if you don't have the answer shut your pie inlet. Thanks

mtbr member
    PM me in morning if you don't get an answer sooner. I'll be happy to pull mine and read the numbers, or measure it. Would do it now, but am laying here in bed and don't want to get up.

And your LBS doesnt have a set of digital calipers either?
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    PM me in morning if you don't get an answer sooner. I'll be happy to pull mine and read the numbers, or measure it. Would do it now, but am laying here in bed and don't want to get up.
    I just measured with my RCBS plastic indicaters I used for case length in shooting and it is 32.8 then 32.5 etc. Their beat. PS. I think it was you that suggested an X-fusion fork. I went with it and they are performing great so Double thanks.

Ck Pm

mtbr member
    The seatpost on my Beasley singlespeed is 31.6mm. No shims are involved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    The seatpost on my Beasley singlespeed is 31.6mm. No shims are involved.
    Odd mine came with a 31.6 shim???

Thank you, Mr. Gennick. It pains me to say this but the very helpful and informative D8 was right. I'm leaving on a quest for Digital calipers.

I would add, that SOME dropper post manufacturers actually make different models to run in frames, without needing to shim them.

mtbr member
    What would we do without your vast wisdom and schitty witt.