mtbr member

'good' synergy rims?

So I took the plunge and partially due to the fact that I got a deal on a Velocity Synergy offset rim and Neo-moto.

They were slightly used (from a shop owner), and mounted fine w/ tube.

However, I would love to set them up tubeless.

Is there a way to determine if it will work, in lieu of the undersized Velocity issues?
    A measurement, manufacture date, serial number, marking - whatever - before I attempt and make a 'Stan's milkshake' in the garage?

FYI - so far so good on the typical east coast rocks and roots. still tweaking position.

mtbr member
    Anyone...anyone?

Bueller?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    if you have an undersized blunt, it'll spit tubes out as well as being no good for tubeless...so, i'd say keep running a tube for a coupla more rides, just to make sure you're not *that* undersized? it's just a measly 26" tube, so that 1/4 pound (or so) won't kill ya, and you still won't be levitating without it. (sarcasm intended of course)

that being said, someone mentioned in a recent post what i'll reiterate here:

regardless if you have an undersized blunt *or not*, running ghetto tubeless is gonna depend on a few other variables too...your weight, riding style, tire/rim combo, pressures desired, and probably more than a few other things i can't think of right off hand...

bottom line: IT will be something you will have to experiment on your own with if that's the route you choose to pursue. it works great for some. not at all for others ya?