Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Good Place to buy Schwalbe 650B Tires

mtbr member
    thanks! that's weird that they have the nobby nick already when i emailed schwalbe us they said it wasnt in production yet
    Custom Built Caletti Steel Road Bike
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My local craigslist has RaRa for sale. A few made giant purchases and saved on shipping then turned around to make a few bucks. The boxes indicate they came from the shop listed in the first post.

mtbr member
    nice...those are good to come by
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    not only that, the bobby nic's they have is snake skin protected.

going against allot of what we've heard about availability... allot sooner.

G

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ques #1, whats the Pace Star compound, whats it's claim to fame.

ques #2, whats this EVO they talk about, what does it do for me?

ques #2, the Hans Damph seems to have both Evo and snake skin, where is this tyre thread good for,

G

derp
    Snake Skin is their sidewall protection, the walls are reinforced. EVO is their top of the line rubber made of 3 different compounds, while the Performance line is just 2 but of course quite a lot cheaper.

Pace Star is about the softness of the rubber being this one geared to XC, there is also the Trail Star and Super Gravity available in 650b flavour.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hi Daniel

Thanks for the response, appreciated.

You mention Pace Star is about the softness, and the continue onto Trail Star and Super Gravity, which is the softest and hardest? guessing Pace Star = Hard, going softer to the Super Gravity that wants a soft grippy tyre.

G

mtbr member
    I picked up a couple of the Rocket Rons. The prices are good if you ask me.

From the Schwalbe literature, you will find that "PaceStar" is their top compound for XC use..I'm guesiing "TrailStar" is the top compund for trail use.

I have always run the PaceStar (previously EVO) Rocket Rons and Racing Ralphs with great success. They are great tires but they don't last that long...but, what do you expect at 490 grams!

COMPOUNDS

Triple Star Compound: Our best and most sophisticated compound. Triple compound. Perfectly adapted to the specific purpose. MTB (GateStar, PaceStar, TrailStar, VertStar), Roadrace (RaceStar, WetStar), Tour (RoadStar, TravelStar).

derp
    No compound will be the "hard" one because due to the 3 compound manufacturing each tire will have 3 grades of softness depending on what section of the tire we are talking about, but yeah the Pace Star will use the harder rubber.
    The Super Gravity is their new heavy duty Enduro tire, they're similar to the Downhill single ply tires but they're only single ply on the sidewalls and they're still double ply on the middle, making them with tough sidewalls but still compliant.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

dirtbag
    Cool, been wanting to try another tire other than the usual suspects (Nevegal. Pacenti, RaRa) and at decent prices for Schwalbe.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I keep looking for a better tire (for my trails) than the Neo Moto 2.1, but have yet to find one that has traction, doesn't weigh a ton (like my NM 2.3), seals up tubeless super easy and doesn't have leaky sidewalls. Since the NM 2.1 replaced my RaRa 2.25 the trails have been getting hammered by my bike with some mad fury!

Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    Cool, been wanting to try another tire other than the usual suspects (Nevegal. Pacenti, RaRa) and at decent prices for Schwalbe.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Price is really amazing IMO (at least by US standards) and below dealer cost here in the US where a regular HD is about $50.

Group some friends together to save on shipping charges and you end up with a nice Schwalbe tire for under $50. Sweet!
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    that was a sweet deal thanks for the link, hopefully they don't take forever to get here, if I judged the conversion right less than $60 per tire shipped. I bought two Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin PaceStar 650B x 2,35" TL-Ready folding,
    I see they had two listed that looked Identical unless I missed something
    Stoked
    I've been inside too long.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KgB View Post
    that was a sweet deal thanks for the link, hopefully they don't take forever to get here, if I judged the conversion right less than $60 per tire shipped. I bought two Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin PaceStar 650B x 2,35" TL-Ready folding,
    Stoked
    One is "TrailStar" compound, the other is "PaceStar" compound

mtbr member
    i'm glad i bookmarked this thread because trying to understand all the stuff that schwalbe has for their various compounds and builds it gets your head spinning.
    2012 Jamis Nemesis 650b

Terminal Pholocity

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    hehehe, and i'll gladly ask the questions others want to know, but never ask...

G

Quote Originally Posted by foofighter275 View Post
    i'm glad i bookmarked this thread because trying to understand all the stuff that schwalbe has for their various compounds and builds it gets your head spinning.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter275 View Post
    Page 18 and 19
    http://www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en_scrip...5?dateiID=4712

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I ordered four Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin TrailStar 650B x 2,35" TL-Ready folding tires tonight. They came to less than $200 including shipping. I'll post again once they arrive.

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    [QUOTE=KgB;9819451]that was a sweet deal thanks for the link, hopefully they don't take forever to get here, if I judged the conversion right less than $60 per tire shipped. I bought two Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin PaceStar 650B x 2,35" TL-Ready folding,
    Stoked[/QUOTE

Well they came super fast and super cheap, mounted up tubeless great, they seem to be the same size as the nevegal, they replaced

Super Stoked

mtbr member
    Yes I got mine as well, now if only the ground wasn't covered in SNOW!

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by skyak View Post
    Yes I got mine as well, now if only the ground wasn't covered in SNOW!
    come on out to Fruita I will be trying mine out at lunchtime

mtbr member
    Damn You!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Darn you guys that have your new tires. Mine and another guys seem to be stuck in German customs (or American customs in Germany) with no updates since Oct. 30th. Went ffrom DHL to a USPS # and now zippo. Frustrating for sure and now we have 5" of snow on the ground.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    27.5 versions of Rocket Ron and Nobby Nic are now available for purchase in the US. No Hans Dampf yet.

27 1/2", 650B | Schwalbe North America
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast