Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    27.5 versions of Rocket Ron and Nobby Nic are now available for purchase in the US. No Hans Dampf yet.

27 1/2", 650B | Schwalbe North America
    Their prices are a daylight robbery. $90/tire? You can get them for half that directly from Europe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Their prices are a daylight robbery. $90/tire? You can get them for half that directly from Europe.
    Wacky low prices in Europe don't make their regular prices daylight robbery. That's what everyone's going to be selling them for here.

mtbr member
    The price on the Schwalbe site is MSRP

You'll likely find retailers selling them for around $65. Then again if people are buying outside the US due to popularity then you may see prices higher to meet demand???
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Dealer cost for the Schwalbe's in the US is approx $50. In bulk maybe $45. Basically you can get em from Europe for a US dealers cost. Brutal industry in so may ways and especially for the small shops.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Ordered my Nobby Nic 650b 10-27-12 from BIKE-DISCOUNT and DHL showed up yesterday...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by watisma View Post
    Ordered my Nobby Nic 650b 10-27-12 from BIKE-DISCOUNT and DHL showed up yesterday...
    This is killing me with my delayed shipment

Please mount em up and get a diameter measurement for us . Thanks

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    This is killing me with my delayed shipment

Please mount em up and get a diameter measurement for us . Thanks
    my unofficial test showed them to be around the same size as a nevegal, they seem to roll faster for sure, similiar all around to the 29er version although I expected a higher volume tire.
    I am a happy camper with them,They set up easily on stans flow rims tubeless. way happier than the nevegal/ crossmark setup I was running
    I've been inside too long.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Hans Dampf's just arrived from Germany

Just got my 4 tires today...2 weeks from Germany to the USA...pretty fast. The cost was $190.05 delivered to my door...$47.52 per tire.

The four tires range in weight:
    1 @ 790g
    2 @ 820g
    1 @ 830g

Claimed weight is 795g...so pretty close.

Waiting on my new frame, fork and wheels...can't wait to ride these

Here's pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Wheelman55; 11-13-2012 at 02:10 PM.

mtbr member
    I just got some NN & RR from Germany. Took about 2-3 weeks.
    2 x RR - 2.25 650b EVO TLR Race Star Compound 545g and 529g
    1 x NN - 2.35 650b EVO TLR Race Star Compound Snakeskin 705g

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Darn you guys that have your new tires. Mine and another guys seem to be stuck in German customs (or American customs in Germany) with no updates since Oct. 30th. Went ffrom DHL to a USPS # and now zippo. Frustrating for sure and now we have 5" of snow on the ground.
    If you are ordering from Bike-Discount.DE Put your shipping number in at usps.com to check the status. Once they leave Germany they are normally in the USPS system.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tesxyz View Post
    If you are ordering from Bike-Discount.DE Put your shipping number in at usps.com to check the status. Once they leave Germany they are normally in the USPS system.
    Ordered them from r2-bike on the 25th of Oct. Trust me I've been plugging in that tracking # a few times a day. The woman at the PO told me sometimes they get hung up in customs for up to 30 days.

Well, there is finally good news though. The package scanned through NJ yesterday and now it's scanned again in my state of MA. Should be tomorrow or the next and I'll finally have em.

dirtbag
    Took a while...I finally got the box for my order from bike-discount.de. Bought a pair of Rocket Rons and Nobby Nics, already had a pair or RaRas I got from fleabay. Been cold and dreary to spoon these on, so no riding impressions here.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    Took a while...I finally got the box for my order from bike-discount.de. Bought a pair of Rocket Rons and Nobby Nics, already had a pair or RaRas I got from fleabay. Been cold and dreary to spoon these on, so no riding impressions here.
    2 rides now on my new NN and

These things measure close to 28" tall, seem fast, roll very well and grip rocks really good. Bike just feels very zippy with these tires. I was a bit bummed when I flatted after 30 minutes on my first ride running 27psi with tubes (have never flatted my Neo Motos running that). I bumped them to 30psi and no further issue so far but the ride is a bit firmer. I imagine running these tubeless with pressure in the low to mid 20's would be amazing. Right now I'm hesitant to do it as I'm not sure how the sealant deals with cold and evening rides are now getting into the low 30 degree range. Anyone care to answer that question? So very happy so far although it might be nice to try a HD on the front at some point.

Dissolved member
    2 rides now on my new NN and

These things measure close to 28" tall, seem fast, roll very well and grip rocks really good. Bike just feels very zippy with these tires. I was a bit bummed when I flatted after 30 minutes on my first ride running 27psi with tubes (have never flatted my Neo Motos running that). I bumped them to 30psi and no further issue so far but the ride is a bit firmer. I imagine running these tubeless with pressure in the low to mid 20's would be amazing. Right now I'm hesitant to do it as I'm not sure how the sealant deals with cold and evening rides are now getting into the low 30 degree range. Anyone care to answer that question? So very happy so far although it might be nice to try a HD on the front at some point.
    Good to hear you are happy with them. I would love to test if/how they (don't) fit on my bike. We gotta meet again soon!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Good to hear you are happy with them. I would love to test if/how they (don't) fit on my bike. We gotta meet again soon!
    Think these things are spoiling me and going for another ride tonight. Just hope they show the durability my Neo's have given me.

We could meet tomorrow if you're gonna be at work....and I'm still out of

Dissolved member
    Think these things are spoiling me and going for another ride tonight. Just hope they show the durability my Neo's have given me.

We could meet tomorrow if you're gonna be at work....and I'm still out of
    I think I will be working from home tomorrow. Roads are going to turn into a crazyville, I do not have the nerves to deal with the influx of holiday drivers any more.

mtbr member
    Just hope they show the durability my Neo's have given me.

There is the issue...Neos are durable, but not the softest, stickiest rubber.
    I find the shallower treaded RaRa I have grips better on wet rocks / roots because of it.
    Tires are almost always a compromise...

I wish the Neo, if still made by Panaracer, would be available in their SC or Combo rubber compounds. The tread design is really good and deserves it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just switched over to some Hans Dampfs (HaDas?) for the rainy season here. After two rides I can say I am hooked. Yes they are slower than the RaRas, but that was expected. I have always been a fan of unidirectional tires and these puppies hook up on the front and rear in all sorts of conditions. I did ride the Neo Motos a little, but the HaDas feel better to me and seem to have better climbing traction on the rear. I would rank the HaDas and NeMo at about the same rolling speed, and still a little faster than the Neve.

mtbr member
    :
    The nobby nic tire is not very durable at all as a rear tire. I go through 2 or 3 a year on a bike i only ride once or twice a week. Ymmv

They are exceptional tires as grip, comfort, and speed are excellent. I prefer them to racing ralphs in my terrain but a ralph can last me all season if not more
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    The nobby nic tire is not very durable at all as a rear tire. I go through 2 or 3 a year on a bike i only ride once or twice a week. Ymmv

They are exceptional tires as grip, comfort, and speed are excellent. I prefer them to racing ralphs in my terrain but a ralph can last me all season if not more
    Even a Snakeskin version which I have?

Do they just wear fast or are they prone to weak sidewalls or something else?

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Just did an 'order', and it came to $105 shipped to us for two Hand Dampf trail star 2.35's....

mtbr member
    Snakeskin is awesome and the sidewalls are very strong. The center knobs are what wear the fastest. The side knobs hold up well enough. They also weap Stan's more than any tire I run and I think that is because of all the open area between the knobs.

So yes they wear very fast. The Hans Dampf wears fast as well but that is expected with that sticky of a tread.

mtbr member
    Hans Dampf in 2.35 SS and Super Gravity just showed up at out shop today! Hit me up if you need some.
    Currently enjoying life Giant Trance Advanced 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Giant STP

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    On the Bike-Discount website the HD tires prices went up just in the last day. Dang it. Still cheaper than here but if I had bought yesterday I would've saved $8/tire. Still, many prices on their other goods are very low. Nice.

Is the Racing Ralph very much an XC tire? It looks like it'd be a fast rolling tire but the treads like pretty low profile and, hence, prone to fast wear and less traction for AM use. But I'm only going by pictures as I've never seen one in person.

Also, why the variances in weight for the same tire? I can see 5-10 grams but 40 grams? That's a bit much!
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Is the Racing Ralph very much an XC tire? It looks like it'd be a fast rolling tire but the treads like pretty low profile and, hence, prone to fast wear and less traction for AM use. But I'm only going by pictures as I've never seen one in person.
    The thin and non-SS sidewall won't take heavy AM abuse. On their website, Schwalbe says, "This is an out and out competition tire! Puncture protection and durability are limited!" The exclamation points show they mean it ... or just that they're German.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast