mtbr member
    Nov 2013

New question here. Giant Trance 27.5 Large or XL ?

Hi,
    I am currently riding a Giant Anthem X 29er in a large frame but my seatpost was maxed out.

I went to the Giant store and climbed on a Large and XL frame, but without pedals and right setup it is difficult to judge. The large had to be maxed out whilst the reach on the XL seemed a push (shorter stem an option).

I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam. Any suggestions on what size to get? The size guide isn't very helpful.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by willemsa View Post
    Hi,
    I am currently riding a Giant Anthem X 29er in a large frame but my seatpost was maxed out.

I went to the Giant store and climbed on a Large and XL frame, but without pedals and right setup it is difficult to judge. The large had to be maxed out whilst the reach on the XL seemed a push (shorter stem an option).

I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam. Any suggestions on what size to get? The size guide isn't very helpful.

Thanks
    I would recommend an XL frame just be weary that the Large felt small under my 33" inseam and 6'0.5" frame. I am used to the L frame now but initially I was skeptical. The best thing for you to do is to get the bike shop/Giant store to put some pedals on the bikes that you threw a leg over and try it again before you commit to buy. If they're hesitant to help you out, seek another dealer out if you can.

mtbr member
    I just bought a 27.5 Trance 3. I am the same height and inseam as you and went with XL. The fit for me is perfect and the seatpost is definitely not maxed out. I would go with XL no question about it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    27.5 SX with 32" inseam and 6' even. Large is good for me. I would think XL for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for the advice.