mtbr member
    Apr 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    That's because they're not selling. Mine was low on oil when I got it and is still after about 500 miles sticky as can be. I think I ll be switching out to a Pike very soon. Im hearing lots of good things about them right now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I ordered two. My expectations for a $600 fork is a lot lower than for a $1000 fork. Hoping that Fox charges a reasonable price for the supposedly retrofittable 2014 air spring/talas assembly.

Not surprised they aren't selling well, in light of the poor reviews they have (recently) gotten in comparison to the 2014 stuff. On the other hand, it is approaching the end of the season and the 2014s are now available. Disappointed that good deals on the other variations aren't available yet. Too impulsive and impatient to wait

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lixxfe View Post
    I ordered two. My expectations for a $600 fork is a lot lower than for a $1000 fork. Hoping that Fox charges a reasonable price for the supposedly retrofittable 2014 air spring/talas assembly.

Not surprised they aren't selling well, in light of the poor reviews they have (recently) gotten in comparison to the 2014 stuff. On the other hand, it is approaching the end of the season and the 2014s are now available. Disappointed that good deals on the other variations aren't available yet. Too impulsive and impatient to wait
    I wasn't impressed by the 2014 stuff. The damping is better but they still lack small bump compliance. Avalanche has a cartridge out for them now. I haven't heard any reviews yet but you could end up with a really nice fork for about the same price as a pike if it works as well as their other stuff.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronsondude View Post
    That's because they're not selling. Mine was low on oil when I got it and is still after about 500 miles sticky as can be. I think I ll be switching out to a Pike very soon. Im hearing lots of good things about them right now.
    Bronsondude,
    You might want to open up that fork and check to see if whoever assembled it slacked and jammed the uppers into the lowers w/ the seals installed in the lowers, folding that foam lube ring. I found some dipshit did that to my 34 29er that went back for warranty CSU replacement... Hope this helps.

Edit: I swapped to a Pike on that 29er...you'll love it!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Mines been built and extended already by a local suspension guru. low on oil right out of the box. so sad.QUOTE=Pau11y;10581433]Bronsondude,
    You might want to open up that fork and check to see if whoever assembled it slacked and jammed the uppers into the lowers w/ the seals installed in the lowers, folding that foam lube ring. I found some dipshit did that to my 34 29er that went back for warranty CSU replacement... Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I already have had my fork redone and extended to 165mm travel. It was pretty decent when initially redone. However it's no way near the action of my buddies pike he just got. Right out of the box his Pike blew away my Fox. When we initially opened my fork the first time it was lw on oil straight from Fox. Pretty sad. Maybe they ll get their shiz together agin someday.
    Edit: I swapped to a Pike on that 29er...you'll love it! [/QUOTE]

Trips for Kids Denver
    Yep, that is a great fork. The Talas has issues.
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    I wasn't impressed by the 2014 stuff. The damping is better but they still lack small bump compliance. Avalanche has a cartridge out for them now. I haven't heard any reviews yet but you could end up with a really nice fork for about the same price as a pike if it works as well as their other stuff.
    Thanks for the tip. Never considered a 3rd party cartridge. Will definitely look into it.

jrm
    mtbr member
    The 14' damper is a partial fix but its only $50. I heard from Fox that, some time soon, we'll be able to purchase the 14' CTD cartridge as well.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    The 14' damper is a partial fix but its only $50. I heard from Fox that, some time soon, we'll be able to purchase the 14' CTD cartridge as well.
    Thanks for the info, but I'm a bit confused between 'damper' and 'CTD cartridge'. I thought the CTD cartridge was an inherent part of the damping system in the fork, not a separate component. Not true?

I thought on one side is the Talas mechanism and air spring, and on the other side is the damper (including CTD)...