Thread: Foes xct 650b

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Foes xct 650b

Has anyone done this conversion yet on their Foes. I know they are coming out with one in a few months. But it is cheaper to buy the wheels. I have a an 09 XCT 5 with a Talas fork which has been 650 approved. Let me know if anyone had done this and could post a pic of it.

Thanks

Dan

mtbr member

I might give it a go

I have an '09 XCT-5 as well with a Fox Vanilla 140mm...so should have the clearance for a 27.5" as well . I'm thinking it could work. I'm going to take some measurements tonight and see about buying some 27.5" hoops. I'm with you, I really like the F275 that Foes has out. But the XCT-5 is pretty awesome and if I can save money by converting it over and it rides really well, then I'll stick with it for a while. I'll post back later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I would like to hear your results, I was just wondering about the BB height. I have read everywhere that an XCT frame will work as well as a Fox Fork.

mtbr member
    Yeah I'm curious to know what effect if any the increase in BB height will have on stability. According to Foes geo chart, the BB is @ 13.2" based on 26" wheels of course. So should be just under 14". For me this would be good given all the rocks I encounter on my local trails. In any case good to know it's been done before.