Foes xct 650b

Printable View

• 10-29-2012
    danmtchl
    Foes xct 650b
    Has anyone done this conversion yet on their Foes. I know they are coming out with one in a few months. But it is cheaper to buy the wheels. I have a an 09 XCT 5 with a Talas fork which has been 650 approved. Let me know if anyone had done this and could post a pic of it.

Thanks

Dan
  • 12-21-2012
    sgill32
    I might give it a go
    I have an '09 XCT-5 as well with a Fox Vanilla 140mm...so should have the clearance for a 27.5" as well . I'm thinking it could work. I'm going to take some measurements tonight and see about buying some 27.5" hoops. I'm with you, I really like the F275 that Foes has out. But the XCT-5 is pretty awesome and if I can save money by converting it over and it rides really well, then I'll stick with it for a while. I'll post back later. :thumbsup:
  • 12-21-2012
    danmtchl
    I would like to hear your results, I was just wondering about the BB height. I have read everywhere that an XCT frame will work as well as a Fox Fork.
  • 12-21-2012
    sgill32
    Yeah I'm curious to know what effect if any the increase in BB height will have on stability. According to Foes geo chart, the BB is @ 13.2" based on 26" wheels of course. So should be just under 14". For me this would be good given all the rocks I encounter on my local trails. In any case good to know it's been done before.