I sweep myself

Flows and Neo-moto Ridiculous Tight Fit

To the point I don't know I can get the tire off the rim...has anyone else had this problem?

Setup:

Stan's Flow - original design, brand new
    Neo-moto 2.3 - brand new, from the last shipment that went out to vendors
    650b tube
    1 Layer of Gorilla Tape
    Pumped to 45 psi and sat for about 24 hours

This thing was hard to mount and now I have to struggle to get a tire lever under to break the bead and gave up trying to get a 2nd one under to remove the tire.

Is it something in my setup? Does another rim/tire combo not have this prob? Will the Neo stretch with more time?

I am fully willing to cut my losses and go to Pacenti TL28s or a different tire in order to have confidence a mid-ride flat will not leave me struggling for an hour or walking home.
    "In the past few years there has been building up within me an obsession that the only way to piece of mind is to go somewhere in the desert, far away from things, and just sit down." - Ernie Pyle

Dissolved member
    Neo Moto is a little tight on the Flows but I have no problems getting it off the rim with a pair of tire levers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sounds like good news to me.

I sweep myself
    So after 1/2 a New Belgium Snow Day I looked at the problem anew.

The bead was not sitting in the center channel on both sides, all the way around. Once I got the whole tire set in the channel I had a slightly easier time getting the 2nd lever under there and finally popping it off.

Still tighter than I'm used to but this my first Stan's experience too.

Anyways, I'm not so ascared of a flat in the middle of a NV summer anymores.
    "In the past few years there has been building up within me an obsession that the only way to piece of mind is to go somewhere in the desert, far away from things, and just sit down." - Ernie Pyle