mtbr member
    May 2006

Finally 650b Sycip Unleaded pics

Got out for a bunch of rides this weekend and i have to say i'm impressed with the bike for as badly as i'm riding and the amount of junk on the trails from all the storms. I'm going to start playing with tire pressures due to starting to drift the front end as the speed picks up. I also am experimenting with different turn in and braking points than my 29er. A few more rides and some tinkering and i think i will have a handle on things. Gotta say i am really enjoying playing with this bike and the funny thing is not many have even noticed the 650b thing if they didn't know beforehand. Paint is unreal. Guy i rode with today said it changed colors with every different angle depending on the sun.

650b #2 should be done soon. He just got his gold I9's friday night...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like butter
    Jan 2004
    looks great, just screaming for a SyCip segmented fork though.

nothing relevant to say
    Buco, was the blue Sycip at the Bike Way yours too?

mtbr member

Sycip

Hey Buco, thanks for posting the pics. Sounds like you really like your new steed.

How was it working with Sycip? I live pretty close to their office and they are on the top of my list so far because they seem to have 650b figured out (meaning, geometry etc). How long did your frame take to deliver?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I waffled on a segmented fork too long and missed the window of receiving it with my frame. The carbon fork is working out well and i can toss a 29er wheel in there if i want to...

The blue frame is Trevin's. He owns The Bike Way. I was preaching the b way and he jumped in with both feet. Should be ready to rock once he gets his fork from Fox.

I can't say enough about Sycip. After waffling on what i wanted, getting measurements done and having to deal with 2 of us we finally got the order in. We ordered during the rush to get ready for the homemade bike show, so that added to our lead time. They were figuring 5 months to get it done but delivered over a month early on both frames.

Overall the experience was fantastic. The frame fits perfect, the paint stops traffic and for my first custom, i couldn't be happier!

mtbr member
    Awesome ride! I have a 26" wheeled Diesel with a segmented fork and used to own an Unleaded (that I regret selling everyday). Sycip makes top notch frames where no detail is overlooked and they are just a pleasure to deal with. I'm sending my Diesel in to them this winter for new dropouts so I can run 1x9 if I want or singlespeed (mine has an EBB). I have never not gotten an email response from them and they are super knowledgeable. I'm probably going to get a big wheeled frame from them next year, not usre if I'll go 650 or 29er though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I keep coming back to look at this one. This is probably my fave 650B out there right now. Nice work!!! Glad to hear you are better and able to ride again.

- AR