Homey don't play that!

El Chucho Grande!

Check this out. Ventana El Chucho w/650B rear triangle. El Big Dog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="2"]Old age and treachery will always win over youth and exuberance. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    that looks nice.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5

Nice!

Great looking bike. That's one of the very rare, pre-production Neo-Moto's on back. The "working name" of the project was "Baby Bear". I like Neo-Moto better!

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

Homey don't play that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti
    Great looking bike. That's one of the very rare, pre-production Neo-Moto's on back. The "working name" of the project was "Baby Bear". I like Neo-Moto better!

Cheers,

KP
    Thanks. Yeah I believe that's the rear Baby Bear from the pair you sent us. You know, when you've got a project whatever's laying around the shop. I'm anxious to try it out. The 650B sure does address a lot of design problems with 29" rear wheels. Also gear ratios come back together. It’s a great idea Kirk.
    [SIZE="2"]Old age and treachery will always win over youth and exuberance. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I was thinking of running the Bastardo rear triangle-wheel on my El Rey. I wonder if it would work?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Now that... is... awesome.. .

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Ditto there. Building an El Rey with 650b rear and new reba 120 u-turn up front.
    So how does that setup handle? Any problems with BB clearance with the smaller back wheel?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Not sure what others have done along these lines but I thought I'd attach a pic of my new play thing....it's a 2008 El Rey with the old head angle (71.3). Trouble was the new 120mm TA Reba has the new offset and so on the steep, rocky decents of BC it was getting alittle twitchy. So, put on a 5 inch rocker and decided to try a 650b rear wheel to slacken things off even more.
    Specs are:
    120mm Reba TA U-turn with Hope Pro 2 hub/Bonty Rhythm 29er rim, 2.35 Rampage 29er
    5 inch rockers with xv RP23 shock, Velocity blunt 650b rim with XT hub, 2.1 Nevagal 650b
    Haven't a clue how much she weighs but I single speed to work up and down the hills so the legs can manage!

How does she ride...pretty good actually. At first, riding on the level or twisty grasslands with the U-turn at 120mm felt like the front end was alittle high. Dropped it to 105mm and things came back. I did notice I had to put a fair amount extra air in the RP23 now that I have the 5 inch rockers but the new ratio makes the pro-pedel more effective (run it on setting 2). Coming down with the fork at full and everything open up front/out back....bloody brilliant. Very composed as usual but is much more agressive trail rather than fast XC as previously set up. I'm now looking forward to going out with the group on their 6/6 26ers and not worrying about some of the more...ahem, interesting decents!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by njsmith_dba; 03-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.