Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Geo or travel numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurbikerider View Post
    Just received the new full suspension 650b frame through Shenzhen Honsen sports! I have been so happy with my converted superlight besides all the broken der.hangers I thought losing some weight would be nice.I weighed it as it came ,bare without shock and it is 3lb13oz . Now im just waiting on a few other parts to arrive so I can get out and test it !
    I contacted hongFuv via the earlier link in the thread looks like the same frame you have there. They did not supply geometry head set (straight or tappered or suspension travel shock eyelet to eyelet. Did you get any of that from them? If so could you post? Thanks in advance!
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011

650 b full suspension hm-156 geo

Quote Originally Posted by carverboy View Post
    I contacted hongFuv via the earlier link in the thread looks like the same frame you have there. They did not supply geometry head set (straight or tappered or suspension travel shock eyelet to eyelet. Did you get any of that from them? If so could you post? Thanks in advance!
    I did business with Shenzhen Honsen sports since Hong Fu never responded to my emails. Hong Fu mentions that their frame has convertable thru axle dropouts so I'm not sure if it's the same otherwise ,anyway i have attached a snapshot of the geometry chart they gave me .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-hm156-bike-frame.jpg  

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Can any of these frames handle a 650b 140mm fork or 69er setup with a 100mm fork?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Gangreen
    Aug 2008
    Last edited by nowshon; 02-12-2013 at 05:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Interested

Quote Originally Posted by nowshon View Post
    I have a Pro Motion brand 650b hardtail frame listed in classifieds. Size medium. After reading posts here, I'm 99% sure it's a Hong Fu FM136 frame under the red and white paint. $400 plus $30 shipping to lower 48.
    PM about your promotion frame for sale

mtbr member

650b project

Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-my-650b.jpgfixing one up now.... will have more pics and complete list of goodies to come

mtbr member

glossy

Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-my-650b.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter275 View Post
    such a good looking bike and i'm glad you did go w/t he matte finish...
    i have the glossy

mtbr member
    yes mine has a xfusion velvet rl2 140mm fork

mtbr member
    hey what front deraileur did you guys go with? low clamp or high clamp top pull or did it matter? i just ordered low clamp sram xx fr delr for mine..

On the Hong-Fu Geometry photo oh Flickr, the A-C is listed as 485mm, which is suitable for a 100mm fork.
    All sizes | HF-FM136-650B-20 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A 140mm fork would really raise the BB.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausable View Post
    This is the preliminary list of pros and cons
    >The frame came properly packed, with all the delicate bits protected by foam, plugs or spacers. Could use a sturdier box, which came slightly “bumped” but no damage.
    >Beautiful finish, 3k weave plus clear coat. I thought to remove paint and go for the matte look but there’s too much work involved, forget about it.
    >Actual weight: 1130g on my digital scale ; exactly within the claimed tolerances. This is a great weight for the money.
    >Clean (internal) cable routing ;
    >Included headset is decent quality (well there’s little more than the bearings…) Compression plug for carbon forks is a nice touch
    >Dropout spacing spot – on ; BB threads OK; Headset housing seems to have the right tolerance,but bearings not fitted yet.

DON’T LIKE
    >Internal routing for rear brake - too much fuss (and bleeding required) for limited advantage
    >Chainstays are a bit on the chunky side, I expect a relatively harsh ride, we'll see.
    >No chainsuck protection plate embedded in the chainstays
    After a long wait due to a couple of misplaced orders (never buy anything around the Christmas period, lesson learned) , I finally started my build.

I have to update my initial impressions about the headset cups - the fitting is slightly loose, to the point I could quite easily slip the bearings in and out.
    Not loose to the point of dropping, but loose enough to require some Loctite. I will keep you posted about the lifespan of this "repair", I think it will be permanent, but we'll see.

Anyone had this experience?
    [SIZE="4"]flyMTBfish[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    bumping the thread
    14 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

Was hoping Rhynope would give us some more pictures.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rhynope650b View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my 650b.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	768658fixing one up now.... will have more pics and complete list of goodies to come
    That's the Flyxii(a_baygoods on ebay) FR-501 frame right?
    What size did you get and how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? Does the toptube feel short? How is the standover? What do you think is the max tire that will fit in the back?
    And, more pics please! I'm about to pull the trigger on this frame too. Just need to decide what size to get. I'm 5'9" so I usually ride medium or 17", 17.5" frames but this frame's really short top tube has me kind of worried.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    More pictures...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

is this a single pivot design?

I did business with Shenzhen Honsen sports since Hong Fu never responded to my emails. Hong Fu mentions that their frame has convertable thru axle dropouts so I'm not sure if it's the same otherwise ,anyway i have attached a snapshot of the geometry chart they gave me .
    Looks like a faux bar design.
    Just Ride!

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    Just received the new full suspension 650b frame through Shenzhen Honsen sports! I have been so happy with my converted superlight besides all the broken der.hangers I thought losing some weight would be nice.I weighed it as it came ,bare without shock and it is 3lb13oz . Now im just waiting on a few other parts to arrive so I can get out and test it !
    Ok ,just got to take it out for a short spin today,I should have waited for my chainguide to arrive though as I dropped the chain about 10 times even with a type 2 derailleur . Anyway ,the bike is excellent so far ,I didn't notice any brake jacking like with the Superlight and the 1.5lb lighter frame was certainly noticeable on acceleration and climbs. I have an old Float R Ava shock on it right now and It still felt better when standing and pedaling compared to the Superlight . Was thinking of getting a new fox ctd shock for it but that may be wasted money.Very happy with this cheap generic Chinese frame ,go suck it Santa Cruz !

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011

Chinese 27er Bike pic

Ok ,just got to take it out for a short spin today,I should have waited for my chainguide to arrive though as I dropped the chain about 10 times even with a type 2 derailleur . Anyway ,the bike is excellent so far ,I didn't notice any brake jacking like with the Superlight and the 1.5lb lighter frame was certainly noticeable on acceleration and climbs. I have an old Float R Ava shock on it right now and It still felt better when standing and pedaling compared to the Superlight . Was thinking of getting a new fox ctd shock for it but that may be wasted money.Very happy with this cheap generic Chinese frame ,go suck it Santa Cruz !
    I have attached a pic of the build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-27er.jpg  

just some guy
    Nice! I like the cat.

mtbr member
    Did they ever give you an explinationof the paint issue?

mtbr member
    I have attached a pic of the build.
    More pics.... please???
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated ********.

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjm_2000 View Post
    Did they ever give you an explinationof the paint issue?
    When I originally asked about painting the frame I asked what colors and scheme examples he had and he said there were none available for this frame since it was so new. So for 28.00 I figured I would let them paint it whatever scheme and color they wanted. Well I guess the language barrier or something and they must consider the glossy coat as painted. To answer your question though , no he did not reply to my question.

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    Here's a few more pics .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-27er-.jpg  

Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-27er-b.jpg  

Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-27er-c.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow! The rear tire clearance is little bit tight. Is it really 650b frame?

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinka View Post
    Wow! The rear tire clearance is little bit tight. Is it really 650b frame?
    It is tight but the frame is xc 100 mm travel rather than all mountain ,perfect for here in the south east.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast