Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    michael9218, that looks wicked cool! I like the clean lines on the bars from not having too many cables. I love the red detailing as well, esp. the top cap on the steerer tube.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I am new to the forum and have followed a few Chinese carbon builds. How do I go about ordering a frame from hung-fu? I want t buy a 275 full suspension frame. Thanks, Tim

mtbr member
    There's this really cool website called Google...

Hungfu-bikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9218 View Post

Hungfu-bikes.com
    Oh that website is COOL! I already sent them an email.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by splifrover View Post
    Oh that website is COOL! I already sent them an email.
    They'll get back to you. That's what I did.

just some guy

Hungfu-bikes.com
    Maybe you mean HongFu Sports Equipment CO.,LTD - HongFu Sports Equipment CO.,LTD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Yep, thanks for catching that.

just some guy
    Yep, thanks for catching that.
    Hey they have a FS frame now but you have to supply the shock - seems to me that most FS bikes come with a shock that is already set up to work well with that frame?

Wrench
    Hey they have a FS frame now but you have to supply the shock - seems to me that most FS bikes come with a shock that is already set up to work well with that frame?
    Not always the case. Rear shocks are spec'ed to the frame with a pricepoint in mind. Just like front forks, except rear shocks don't usually have options to give longer travel. They are limited by the frame design. Some frames are built for shocks with 7"eye-to-eye measurements, some with 5" measurements.

So in buying a frame without a rear shock, you can really pick what kind of shock you'd want. Coil, air, brand, etc.

just some guy
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    Not always the case. Rear shocks are spec'ed to the frame with a pricepoint in mind. Just like front forks, except rear shocks don't usually have options to give longer travel. They are limited by the frame design. Some frames are built for shocks with 7"eye-to-eye measurements, some with 5" measurements.

So in buying a frame without a rear shock, you can really pick what kind of shock you'd want. Coil, air, brand, etc.
    Oh OK. I thought I'd read where the shock would be set up special to work with certain frames.

Wrench
    Oh OK. I thought I'd read where the shock would be set up special to work with certain frames.
    The only shocks you'd find like that today are the Specialized "brain" shocks. But for the rest of the industry, throwing an RP23 on the frame is usually sufficient.

just some guy
    The only shocks you'd find like that today are the Specialized "brain" shocks. But for the rest of the industry, throwing an RP23 on the frame is usually sufficient.
    That's good to know. I ride hardtail or rigid, don't know much about suspension...obviously. My wife wants to get into it, so I'm thinking FS for her as I think she'll have more safety on a full squish. Any thoughts on what kind of shock would be best on that frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Found this in a build with a carbonality ARES frame...

chinese 650b

mtbr member
    Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-frpxdh29mtbdisc-blk_p1xxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg How do you think this frame compares to others mentioned seems light.
    Planet X Dirty Harry 29er MTB Disc Frame

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by walkertalker View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRPXDH29MTBDISC-BLK_P1xxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg 
Views:	1158 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	751078 How do you think this frame compares to others mentioned seems light.

Planet X Dirty Harry 29er MTB Disc Frame
    I don't know. As it applies to 650b, I don't feel lucky....

Did he fire six shots or only five?

I gots to know

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi,
    Does that hongfu frame fits with the Fox f32 suspension?
    I have emailed them but their answer was not very clear XD

Illuminati
    That's good to know. I ride hardtail or rigid, don't know much about suspension...obviously. My wife wants to get into it, so I'm thinking FS for her as I think she'll have more safety on a full squish. Any thoughts on what kind of shock would be best on that frame?
    sufficient, maybe. but certain bikes do require different shock valving that IS usually specced by the bike company. eg an orange 5 single pivot would have a higher internal compression setting than say, a trek fuel with lighter rebound & compression settings.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Dfav, the Fox Fseries or Float will accept any Xc size 650b tires, just remember the frame has a tapered head tube (1 1/2"- 1 1/8") so you have to use a tapered fork or a standard fork plus adapter.
    [SIZE="4"]flyMTBfish[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That's not true at all. Todays frames come with shocks that are tuned to the suspension of the frame. I'm no expert but I know enough to know the different manufacturers spec their shocks with different tunes taking into account things like leverage ratio etc..
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just got a quote on an 18" FS frame for $738 shipped with headset installed, really not a bad price.

I'm thinking of switching the hardtail components over from my 17" Bokor, I don't think hardtails are for me...
    -Matt
    Long time auto mechanic, newbie MTBR.
    http://www.SpoolinUp.com

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011

carbon 650b hm-156

Just received the new full suspension 650b frame through Shenzhen Honsen sports! I have been so happy with my converted superlight besides all the broken der.hangers I thought losing some weight would be nice.I weighed it as it came ,bare without shock and it is 3lb13oz . Now im just waiting on a few other parts to arrive so I can get out and test it !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Frames - 650b edition-650b-frame.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

N00b post

Hi, I just joined MTBR because I saw this thread and have just last week ordered a carbon frame from China, so I'm really pleased to see that others are ordering frames from China and having success with the process.

Big thanks to morphtcat and others for posting pics. And good to hear you had little trouble.

I've been riding MTB since I bought my first bike in 1997 - a Klein Mantra Race. I still have it and just bought some new DMR dee vees and an Elixir 5 disc for it. It's super old-school but I love it for a hack around the city bike, and I meet so many MTBers because everywhere I park it I get guys coming up going "OMG I remember those!'

Anyhoo I have to first apologize because I'm not building a 650. Just a standard 26" for now. I've been picking up bits from ebay and Chain Reaction and am a bit of a weight weenie - it's carbon and titanium all the way where possible.

I had an interesting time picking a frame from China. I registered with Alibaba and because I had already bought rims, forks and cranks, I had to get the frame to match.

I found about 3-4 frames that were suitable. Out of the several thousand links in Alibaba it turns out that there really are only a handful of frame designs - maybe 20-30 or so that I could see. I had to find one that was 26"/BB30/tapered/31.6mm in my size 18"-19" and the most difficult bit - available immediately. One company couldn't ship me a frame until late March!

I also wanted 3k weave, and ideally matt. Turns out that "matt paint" costs $50 more, I assume because they have to coat it with something to remove the gloss. So I accepted shiny 3K. I got frame FM038 (sorry can't post a pic and not even a link before 10 posts!! just stick FM038 into the search at alibaba.com if interested) or just over US$400 delivered. What helped was Ms Kathy Jin at the bottom of the page was online and we chatted so I could get all my questions answered.

Sorry to invade your 650 thread, just wanted to say thanks for the info provided about Chinese frames.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurbikerider View Post
    Just received the new full suspension 650b frame through Shenzhen Honsen sports! I have been so happy with my converted superlight besides all the broken der.hangers I thought losing some weight would be nice.I weighed it as it came ,bare without shock and it is 3lb13oz . Now im just waiting on a few other parts to arrive so I can get out and test it !
    What did it cost you to your door?
    -Matt
    Long time auto mechanic, newbie MTBR.
    http://www.SpoolinUp.com

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by szabaga View Post
    What did it cost you to your door?
    775.00 ,was supposed to be painted though ,I'm waiting for a reply from Leo to see what went wrong.

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurbikerider View Post
    775.00 ,was supposed to be painted though ,I'm waiting for a reply from Leo to see what went wrong.
    It was 747.00 without paint and shipped from China to Florida.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast