mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Canfield Balance - new 160mm fs 650b

Not a lot of details yet, but it looks like it replaces The One in their lineup.

thread in the Canfield forum: Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look

picture on their frames page: Suspension mountain bike frames and 29er hardtail mountain bike frames

Clipped from their FB page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfi...956136971393):
    The Canfield Brothers Balance, our version of what a 27.5, 160mm All Mountain bike SHOULD be. Tough enough for park riding, yet unparallelled pedaling performance. Go any where, do ANYTHING!

We will have more details with a full release in the upcoming months and ETA is expected to be early summer 2014.

Enjoy!

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    It's been here 2 days ago. Finaly a preview of the new canfields bros....
    I have yet to see the seat of the pants telling "Tough enough for park riding, yet unparallelled pedaling performance. Go any where, do ANYTHING!" as I understand it won't be available until next few months.
    Thanks anyway.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

Canfield Brothers
    The seat of MY pants haven't had a chance to tell but I get the bike today. You'll get my thoughts soon but I will agree this bike is "Tough enough for park riding" or anything else you want/ dare to throw at it. 13 years of DH bikes makes me think it should be good. The machine always tells the truth, smashy smashy, happening now. So stoked to ride the Balance, I've been wanting / pushing for this for a long time.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    What kind of anti-squat traits can we expect from the Balance? I know "The One" and the Jedi and even the older Balance had very low anti-squat, which is expected from a more gravity oriented bike, but with "only" 160mm will this be a more responsive suspension design or best used with a pedal platform?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike View Post
    The seat of MY pants haven't had a chance to tell but I get the bike today. You'll get my thoughts soon but I will agree this bike is "Tough enough for park riding" or anything else you want/ dare to throw at it. 13 years of DH bikes makes me think it should be good. The machine always tells the truth, smashy smashy, happening now. So stoked to ride the Balance, I've been wanting / pushing for this for a long time.
    Lance if it's coming from your hand no doubt there will be so much love there when designing it. And I always respect that. (I had a good memory with The One, too bad that was too much bike for my skinny a**).

As Pheller said with 27.5 and 160mm this is a strong competitor in the enduro (whatever it's called) realm. Gravity and park riding orientation is not the sole trait, the pedaling efficiency is what people wants as well here.
    So yes I will wait for anyone ride report whoever got one. Of course you are the first one .
    See how it can shift my Chilcotin or Rune as I am in the course of getting the 27.5 that work for me.
    And how about the geometry?
    Last edited by softailteamrider; 12-03-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typo
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...