mtbr member
    Jan 2010

can anyone confirm if a 2013 Fox Float RLC 32...

is good for 650b with no modifications? Any limits to tire choices?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Guess I should have mentioned its the 26" version

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nobby Nic 27.5x2.25 just barely clears the fork crown at full compression, with less than 1mm of clearance. Any bigger tires will at least buzz the crown at full compression.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I guess that's good nemws because from what I've read the Nobby Knick is one of the tallest tires. Then Neo Motos, Nevegals, etc. should be fine.

The Nickel I just bought comes with this fork. Wasn't sure if I would have to sell it and get a 650b specific fork. Saves some time and trouble if I can just use it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    All of the current 650B tires should clear the arch, the tallest by just 2-3mm. Bottom of the crown at full bottom out will limit a few choices as they will hit.

I've read conflicting reports of the new Fox forks. Some say they are now reaching full travel (or more easily) but I've also read they still have the same old problem not reaching full travel without modding. Adding an internal 5mm spacer and you should be good to go with any tire safely......but always check first!!
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess that's good nemws because from what I've read the Nobby Knick is one of the tallest tires. Then Neo Motos, Nevegals, etc. should be fine.

The Nickel I just bought comes with this fork. Wasn't sure if I would have to sell it and get a 650b specific fork. Saves some time and trouble if I can just use it.
    The 2.35 Nic is one of the tallest but not the 2.25. Search for the thread called 27.5 tire size reference.