mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Bought a new bike this weekend

Hey guys, 1st post here....Took a long break from mountain biking, mostly due to my wife giving birth to twin boys. Well, that was 11 years ago and now i find myself having some spare time on my hands. I initially went to get a tune up and a new set of bars put on my old rig, instead i walked out of the shop with a new bike.
    Although the shop i went to had some nice Rocky Mountains and Yeti's i couldnt see myself spending that kind of dough, at least not now. I bought a KHS Sixfifty 603.
    I went riding yesterday and what a difference compared to my old bike. Its far more comfortable to ride, and with the big wheels i was rolling over everything on the trail. Part of the trail ended and went on a road. Being able to lockout the front suspension on the road was really nice.
    So after my 1st ride im itching to go again, i wonder if i can wait for the weekend?

Old Bike:

New Bike:

mtbr member
    Nice! That bike has the nicest mechanical disc brakes feel wise that I've ever experienced. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    I picked up a 2013 Sixfifty 600 about a month ago. Love the bike, now if only I can stop the seat post from slipping.
    Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1 View Post
    I picked up a 2013 Sixfifty 600 about a month ago. Love the bike, now if only I can stop the seat post from slipping.
    Enjoy!
    I just installed a KS LEV dropper post on my 600. It was slipping a little, but I tightened it down a little, and all is well now. My only problem is the RST Fork. It squeaks whenever it isn't fully locked out or fully open.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    my only complaint about my ride was that i found my shoes slipping off of the pedals. not sure if the trouble is with the pedals or my shoes. i have a pair of clipless pedals that i used a few times from my old bike that are in good condition but i dont have the shoes or the cleats anymore.
    i never quite trained myself to get out of the pedals in a quick, smooth motion. im thinking maybe a new pair of flats and some riding sneakers could make a difference.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by redleg72 View Post
    my only complaint about my ride was that i found my shoes slipping off of the pedals. not sure if the trouble is with the pedals or my shoes. i have a pair of clipless pedals that i used a few times from my old bike that are in good condition but i dont have the shoes or the cleats anymore.
    i never quite trained myself to get out of the pedals in a quick, smooth motion. im thinking maybe a new pair of flats and some riding sneakers could make a difference.
    Stock pedal are normally around the parking lot demo pedals. Get yourself a good set of flats.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redleg72 View Post
    I put Wellgo MG-52 flats on mine, and it felt like a new bike. Just a couple of days ago, I got some Five Ten MTB shoes. To be honest, the shoes help, but the pedals made the biggest difference.

mtbr member
    Nice ride

mtbr member
    nice upgrade!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    been thinking of getting a pair of these

or a pair of these

now i just have to pick a color.....im thinking either the red or orange if i go with the Spikes. if i go with the Azonics either red or green.