mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Black Market Roam Question

Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up a new MB and have been leaning towards the 650B's as I'm so short my has drags the ground and I feel like I'm on a monster truck on a 29'er. I've been researching for the last six months attempting to understand chain stay lengths, BB heights, HT angles etc and I still don't think I completely understand everything.

Here's my question. I was reading the MBA buyers guide and came across the Black Market Roam, which I had never even heard of the brand before. I understand the Carbine was able to be swapped out from 26 to 650b by swapping out the dropouts. This Roam is claiming that you can swap out the "mechanical sliding dropouts" on the stock 26 and make it a 26, 27 or 29. It's claiming 6.3 inches of travel and a 66 degree HT. Wouldn't your travel decrease with each increase in tire and HT angle become less slack or would it become more slack and if it would become more slack, why would you want that on a 29?

www.derbyrims.com
    Maybe the 29'er settings only uses the shorter shock and travel and a shorter travel fork to keep geometry good. Interesting concept. Not enough on the web site on geometry, so I guess you'll need to contact the manufacturer for what the geometry numbers are with the different set ups.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Check this out..I am waiting to order one for my work.

https://bti-usa.com/public/manufacturer/BL/BK

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    From the BTI description

Stock travel is either 160mm (or 120mm using included Shock Shuttle). Travel is 130/165mm for 27.5" or 130mm only for 29"

Shock not included. For long travel use 200x57mm rear shock, for short use 165x38 (both setups take 22x8 top/bottom hardware)
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I've got em for sale if you're interested. Not gonna find a better a price...
    NIB Black Market Roam frame (ALL SIZES) - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Black Market Roam Question

Carter is a super cool guy, give BM a call and ask him about his bikes. If you live in OC he might let you ride one at Santiago Oaks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just so happens I was looking at this Roam build on Ride Monkey & searching for more info on the bike:

Black Market 2011: The new ROAM - Page 3

Not 27.5 but as you can see, it's pretty killer looking along with being different than what is pictured on Black Market's site. I like the seat brace more than the curved tubing.

Looking forward to seeing more Roam builds. Sounds like you get a lot of bang for your bucks with the different wheel options.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Love the Roam! Has much Possibilitys to trimm how you like it. Some Features are the same as on my Spitfire (or Rune), at least for 26 and 650B.
    My Spitfire is a Beast with 650B-Wheels - so should the Roam. Really love those aggressive Short(er)travel-Bikes!