mtbr member
    Dec 2009

mtbr member
    Man, thats a beautiful bike, if I didn't have kids I'd be ordering one of those lol.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I don't like how BikeRadar listed the frame only price. Compared to the Range, it makes the Burner seems incredibly cheap. The Range Killer-B starts COMPLETE at the price of the Burner FRAME ONLY.

Also, BikeRadar doesn't seem to give a real good reason why they rate both the Range and the Burner only 4 stars, and the 26" Enduro Evo Carbon as 5.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm just glad the "speed sustain" is better.

Keep on Rockin...
    Playing Devil's advocate...

There are 130-140mm rear travel 29ers out there right now with the Burner's CS length. With a frame weight of 7.1 pounds, and the Burner's angles, looks to me like its trying to be a more AM machine, but if so, why not 150 or 160 out back? While I'm sure the it is a fine frame, as Turners are, the numbers on paper are not adding up. Point is, with the Burner's number I'm not sure I'd be swayed away from a longer travel 29er, nor from a 26" bike with 160 out back.

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    Man, thats a beautiful bike, if I didn't have kids I'd be ordering one of those lol.
    There's some wisdom hidden in this post.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post

There are 130-140mm rear travel 29ers out there right now with the Burner's CS length. With a frame weight of 7.1 pounds, and the Burner's angles, looks to me like its trying to be a more AM machine, but if so, why not 150 or 160 out back? While I'm sure the it is a fine frame, as Turners are, the numbers on paper are not adding up. Point is, with the Burner's number I'm not sure I'd be swayed away from a longer travel 29er, nor from a 26" bike with 160 out back.
    Quality of suspension is more important than quanity in this case.
    I have spent the last couple seasons on a Turner 5Spot with 140mm rear travel, coming off years of 160mm +/_ bikes. I found the superb quality of travel mated to an extremely stiff frame made for a more capable and confidence inspiring ride than the travel numbers would indicate. The frames I owned before the Spot included the SC Nomad, Intense 6.6, and latest version of the Turner RFX. I've never missed the extra 20mm of travel.
    The Burner is a 27.5 Spot, so expect it to be quite AM capable with the right build.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Flex is probably your answer. I'm pretty sure, even with carbon farme and 34mm forks the Burner will be much tighter . Another problem with AM 29ers is tire weight is really getting up there and rear tire clearance for any decent rubber can be marginal on some designs.

Saying that I like the idea of a TBLTc shod in light wheels and tires as a trail bike.

Rohloff

agreed