mtb remember

Attention bEpic owners

I'm in the process of 650b conversion on my S-Works Epic (2005 M5), and need input from some of you guys with personal Epic 650b experience. The more I look at the swingarm, and measure the clearance...I can't figure out how this is going to work. I'm coming up with 13.75" for axle to chainstay brace / arch clearance. If that's the case, even a Quasi is not going to fit. Is my swingarm an oddball, am I measuring it wrong, or am I missing something with the dimension of a 650b tire mounted on a Stan's rim? Unless the radius of a mounted wheel is actually more like 13.5", I don't think there's enough room there.
    ~ May The Schwartz Be With You ~

TNC
    noMAD man
    Is the '05 model basically the same as the '06? Two of the guys at the shop are running '06 Epics, carbon and aluminum, with 650B front and rear. They've ridden and raced them for many months with no issue. The Neo fits close but fits. A Quasi has plenty of room. How does your model compare to an '06. There are some posts just down the forum a bit on both of these bikes.

mtb remember
    Thanks. I assume the swing arms are the same, since both the '06 and '05's are M5 generation. I've read a bunch of yours and Gary's posts on the topic (actually what got me started on this kick) and mine's even an XL, just like his. I might be measuring wrong, but it looks like a Quasi will make contact with no room to spare, if it actually has a 13.75" mounted radius.

I was hoping somebody could give me an actual measurement to be sure......
    ~ May The Schwartz Be With You ~