mtbr member

Anyone seen or ridden KHS sixfifty 7200?

A friend of mine's bike shop carries KHS and he was telling me about a newer KHS model they are carrying. It's there Enduro version Sixfifty 7200. It seems like a great price for the spec: Pike fork, RS monarch Shock, KS dropper post and mainly Shimano SLX with an XT rear mech. All for $3699, . The one bummer is there's no carbon option. So my question is does anyone have any experience with KHS, has anyone seen this bike or even better rode it? Here's the website for more specifics on the bike:

SixFifty 7200 - KHS Bicycles

Thanks all

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I own one and love it. Upgraded from a KHS XCT 535. I haven't had any issues with the KHS bikes I've owned. I buy them simply because my LBS sells them and gives me killer deals on them.

As for the 7200, it's a great bike. Loaded with decent components and has plenty of room for upgrades in the future. According to my unscientific measurements(standing on a scale with bike vs. without) it weighs about 30lbs(I have the XL frame size). Over all, the geometry and components make it a blast to ride. It carves out berms with ease and blasts downhills with ease. I'm probably not in top shape enough to review how it goes uphills but I've noticed I can climb hills previously not climbed on my old KHS.

Biggest disappoint me to me perhaps is that it lacks any internal cable routing; on a bike that costs $3.7k, it seems like it should be there, especially since my friend's Trek Remedy has it and only cost $2.8k. But, its definitely not a deal killer and there's definitely no issue with cable management on the 7200.

I rode this bike into 14th place overall in my first enduro race. I'm loving it and would recommend it to any one looking for a 160mm travel bike.

Anyone seen or ridden KHS sixfifty 7200?-10662166_10203041458459617_3792292017613741900_o.jpg

mtbr member

Thanks for the reply. I also noticed that the cable routing wasn't internal and I think the KS dropper is their cheaper one. Bit for the price it seems pretty good. 30 IBS sounds right I did want a bike that was <30 Ibs. I'm torn between this KHS, Ibis HDR, and Devinci Troy. I'm not sure what to do. I'm over a year out from buying but I really like to do a lot of research. I rode an Ibis this winter and it was amazing. I really want to try the Troy due to the lifetime frame warranty (as I've been on the same bike for ten years). Thanks for the good review though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The KS is the cheaper model but I have no complaints so far except I can't seem to reach the trigger fast enough when I want it! I just checked out the Troy XP(aluminum) and it doesn't seem to have internal either so maybe it's not as standard as I had thought.

I was originally thinking of getting a Santa Cruz Bronson or Heckler at first. Wish I could tell you it was some feature or demo ride that sold me on the 7200. LBS just gave me a killer trade in value on an old bike and I couldn't turn it down.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by linkpurvis View Post
    I own one and love it. Upgraded from a KHS XCT 535. I haven't had any issues with the KHS bikes I've owned. I buy them simply because my LBS sells them and gives me killer deals on them.

As for the 7200, it's a great bike. Loaded with decent components and has plenty of room for upgrades in the future. According to my unscientific measurements(standing on a scale with bike vs. without) it weighs about 30lbs(I have the XL frame size). Over all, the geometry and components make it a blast to ride. It carves out berms with ease and blasts downhills with ease. I'm probably not in top shape enough to review how it goes uphills but I've noticed I can climb hills previously not climbed on my old KHS.

Biggest disappoint me to me perhaps is that it lacks any internal cable routing; on a bike that costs $3.7k, it seems like it should be there, especially since my friend's Trek Remedy has it and only cost $2.8k. But, its definitely not a deal killer and there's definitely no issue with cable management on the 7200.

I rode this bike into 14th place overall in my first enduro race. I'm loving it and would recommend it to any one looking for a 160mm travel bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10662166_10203041458459617_3792292017613741900_o.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	930954

Where can you buy them now? I thought 7200 is not out yet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Is it out officially? I'm looking forward to get one so bad...It looks such a good price.

mtbr member

I believe they are out. A buddy of mine was going to try and order one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It's defintely out for sale; I'm not a team racer who could get it in advance and it's definitely a 7200 that's sitting in my car currently!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Wow!!! really?! So you didn't buy it thorugh any special way, did you? I'm just making sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by linkpurvis View Post
    It's defintely out for sale; I'm not a team racer who could get it in advance and it's definitely a 7200 that's sitting in my car currently!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    As far as I am aware. My LBS is actually an equipment rental store run by a guy who likes to work on and sell bikes as well, nothing special at all. I'm not some big wig rider either. KHS's 2015 catalogue has been out since at least mid Sept. I imagine that since it's not that popular of a brand and the competition is pretty rough for the 7200, not many shops are just going to order them in right away.

mtbr member
    Anyone else have experience with this bike? It seems like a great bang for the buck (minus the cheaper dropper post and a little heavier build).