mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Anyone running a Fox Talas 32 with 650b?

Putting the Christmas list together.

I've read all the generic "All Fox Forks work", but see no direct experience with the Talas 32.

Do I have a reason to be worried? (running on a 2011 SC Nickel BTW)

Thanks for any help!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    2008 Talas on my Prophet with 650B.

Just clears crown at bottom out with a new Neo Moto 2.3 tire. Nevegal would most likely hit as would some of the newer high volume tires. Small spacer would take care of that but at least with older Talas forks (or any Fox fork) who gets full travel. Me never.

The very new Fox forks (2012?) have to be spaced I've read. Not sure what the difference is about those.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hmmm...thanks. By bottom out do you mean without air in the shock?

Mine is a 2011 Fox 32 Talas 140 RL.

Oji
    Jun 2008
    I'm running a Neomoto 2.3 on a Pacenti TL28 rim, tubeless at 24-26 psi. When the tire was first mounted in my 2010 TALAS it would just barely graze the fork crown after letting all the air out. I mounted the wheel and tire in late April and now that the center knobs have worn down through use there is no contact with the crown. Even when the tire was new the rub was only perceptible by the sound and there wasn't notable friction. My experience is that at 25% sag I never get closer to bottoming out the fork than maybe within an inch of the crown, so I wasn't concerned that things would go awry.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by twangcat View Post
    I'm running a Neomoto 2.3 on a Pacenti TL28 rim, tubeless at 24-26 psi. When the tire was first mounted in my 2010 TALAS it would just barely graze the fork crown after letting all the air out. I mounted the wheel and tire in late April and now that the center knobs have worn down through use there is no contact with the crown. Even when the tire was new the rub was only perceptible by the sound and there wasn't notable friction. My experience is that at 25% sag I never get closer to bottoming out the fork than maybe within an inch of the crown, so I wasn't concerned that things would go awry.
    This exactly x 2
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by twangcat View Post
    Thanks! Anyone else?