• 02-04-2013
    AgentPhatrick
    Anyone looking for a Scott Genius?
    If anyone is looking for the new Scott Genius I may know where a few are waiting for homes. My LBS has a few left I believe. Small aluminum, Med aluminum and a Med 700 (top of that line). I'll be seeing the shop owner today to find out if he has any other models. Spreading the love.
  • 02-04-2013
    dwt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentPhatrick View Post
    If anyone is looking for the new Scott Genius I may know where a few are waiting for homes. My LBS has a few left I believe. Small aluminum, Med aluminum and a Med 700 (top of that line). I'll be seeing the shop owner today to find out if he has any other models. Spreading the love.

What part of the country?

If the price is right, I could be persuaded
  • 02-04-2013
    skidad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    What part of the country?

If the price is right, I could be persuaded

Looks like NC from his profile page.
  • 02-04-2013
    AgentPhatrick
    Yep I'm in Mooresville NC. The shop is Live It Xtreme Sports and Fitness. 704-662-8274. Travis is the owner. They have some inventory left. And Skidad, PM me if you are still trying to sell the Jamis. I'll put you in touch with one of the people looking at my ride before it sold.
  • 02-06-2013
    vizsladog
    Funny. My lbs is tired of the crap dt Swiss shocks. Total garbage. Plus the switch on the bars is a fail. The lbs called fox about a fork problem and they said the switch is a gimmick and to just get rid of it.
  • 02-06-2013
    skidad
    Quote:

Skidad, PM me if you are still trying to sell the Jamis. I'll put you in touch with one of the people looking at my ride before it sold.

Sent you a PM.
  • 02-06-2013
    AgentPhatrick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vizsladog View Post
    Funny. My lbs is tired of the crap dt Swiss shocks. Total garbage. Plus the switch on the bars is a fail. The lbs called fox about a fork problem and they said the switch is a gimmick and to just get rid of it.

So...does your LBS sell Scott product? I can't vouch for the DT shock yet (only 4 rides) but I could swap to a Fox product. I find the switch to be sweet when I want to ditch the longer travel, just like I would expect to use a Fox CTD set up.

So going back to your LBS, do they sell Scott bikes? Do they sell 27.5" rides? Are they down with the new wheels or maybe not? And have you ridden one of the Scott bikes?

I'm only posting with my experience and enthusiasm. So far I'm very impressed with the 720, but wouldn't ***** if Scott swapped to Fox product all around. Rock on!
  • 02-08-2013
    vizsladog
    Yes they a a Scott dealer. Have 650bs in stock and have had nothing but trouble out of dtswiss shocks on all Scott bikes with dt Swiss shocks.
  • 02-08-2013
    AgentPhatrick
    Damn, I hate to hear that. I'll have to really look into a Fox replacement if I blow mine up.
  • 02-09-2013
    paul929
    Quote:

So...does your LBS sell Scott product? I can't vouch for the DT shock yet (only 4 rides) but I could swap to a Fox product. I find the switch to be sweet when I want to ditch the longer travel, just like I would expect to use a Fox CTD set up.

So going back to your LBS, do they sell Scott bikes? Do they sell 27.5" rides? Are they down with the new wheels or maybe not? And have you ridden one of the Scott bikes?

I'm only posting with my experience and enthusiasm. So far I'm very impressed with the 720, but wouldn't ***** if Scott swapped to Fox product all around. Rock on!

Keep us posted. The Scott's look great but definitely hesitant with those shocks. Wish they we're running Fox in the rear as well....
  • 02-10-2013
    dwt
    The idea of paying $9000 USD for a bike which comes with a shock I will
    immediately have to upgrade is friggin repulsive.

WTF??
  • 02-10-2013
    skidad
    Antonio Osuna's rear suspension report and graphs for the Scott and Rocky Altitude. Translated from Spanish the wording is sometimes very strange but spend enough time on his site and you start to understand what things mean. Bottom line, very middle of the road performance as was the new Rocky Altitude which was quite disappointing.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...-275-2013.html

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...tude-2013.html
  • 02-10-2013
    AgentPhatrick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    The idea of paying $9000 USD for a bike which comes with a shock I will
    immediately have to upgrade is friggin repulsive.

WTF??

Can't argue with that. The bike prices are OC. But top of the line anything costs big bucks. My LBS gave me a great deal on the 720 and I like the ride a ton. As long as the shock is warrantied, I'll ride it. Those Spanish compression charts are kind of out there.
  • 02-10-2013
    skidad
    Quote:

Those Spanish compression charts are kind of out there.
    There is plenty of good info to be gleaned from his site if you're willing to spend the time. It's out there yes, and the wording can get frustrating but some interesting patterns emerge on what works and what doesn't and it can help with chooseing a new bike.

I came from the dirt bike world where there are basically 2 different suspension types. Standard linkage type and the KTM PDS with no linkage. Coming into the mtn. bike world (my 5th year now) suspension design is like out of control for a newbie with so many different types and implementations. STEEP learning curve for sure. For the suspension geek or even if your just mildly interested a site like that is a kid in the candy store material. For me at least, and I've still got so much to learn and understand. I was very disappointed in his writeup on the new Altitude as that bike seemed to tick so many boxes for me. It's now off my list of possibilities.