mtbr member
    Oct 2012

New question here. Anybody own a Liteville 301?

Thinking about building up a 650b Liteville 301. Anybody here own one and mind giving details? They seem to be a little hard to get in the states. Looking for detailed review and pics.

If you are unfamiliar with liteville here are some good articles.

http://syntace.my1.cc/liteville/pdf/...view_301_2.pdf
    Liteville 301 MK10 Review - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hey Stumpynerd,

Kenny here from Syntace/Liteville USA (Radsport USA - Radsport USA - The German Cycle Sport Connection). Figured I'd chime in. We do have dealers in the US but most are on the West Coast or in Colorado. I've been riding a 301 with 650b for a while now and digging it! I came off a Pivot Mach-5 and before that Intense Tracer (I was the Colorado Intense rep for 5 years). Both great bikes but much different that the active and plush 4-bar link 301! The 301 gobbles up the technical and steep stuff and remains active even when climbing through rocky sections = NO PEDAL JACK!! Lots of cool engineering too including of course the Syntace 142 axle system.

We've had some great reviews with MTBR, Mtn Biking, Pinkbike, MBA, Mtn Flyer, etc. (See below)

404 - Page Not Found

2014 Liteville 301 Trail and Enduro Bike First Ride Review | Bicycling Magazine

http://syntace-us.com/Links/MFi26_Liteville_LR.pdf

Liteville 301 MK 10 ? First Impressions | Mountain Bike Review

2013 Liteville Mountain Bikes Updates Frames w/ Scaled Sizing & Mix ?n? Match Wheel Combos

Please check em out and let me know if you have any questions. Maybe we can get you on a demo sometime!

Cheers,
    Kenny Roberts
    Radsport USA
    Kenny@radsportusa.com

High Alpine Adventure
    Kenny,

Is this frame designed for 650b or do they just fit? I'm riding a 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush-B and love it, but I have a soft spot for the Horst Link.

How much does a Large 140mm travel frame weigh? I have to admit, I'm kind of a "Carbon-snob" because of how light weight the frames are. My Rush is 25lbs complete with a 120Ultra Lefty. I'm thinking with a 140Max on this thing it might be close.

And thanks for the high BB. My Rush-B is about 13.75", but the 301 looks close to 14 without the 650b! Here in the desert SW we need clearance!!! I can't really understand 12" BB!!!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for info, I am located in Wyoming. So I could head to Colorado for testing, what size of frame would you recommend? I am 6ft 3" 35 inseam. I would probably ride an XL, also does the frame come with the link if I want to swap it to 160mm?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hey DaGoat,

The frame was originally designed for a 26" wheels but with tons of clearance and adjustable suspension (140mm or 160mm) it works well with 27.5". So much so that people have told me it's the best 650b bike they've ridden. I'm a 26" guy forever so I'm running mine with a 27.5" front and 26" rear (Liteville Scaled Sizing) which I think I actually like better than 650b front and rear because it lowers the BB a hair and for me feels better balanced and allows for a bigger tire in the back. I'm running the Syntace W35 wheels which in 27.5" and a Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 is too tight so you have to run a HD 2.25 on that wheel. The frame weighs about 6.5 lbs (can't remember exactly but I can re-weigh) with shock and headset. BTW - you can find the specs here (except weight). Liteville says 5.4 lbs for the frame without shock and headset. LITEVILLE - GEOMETRIE - 301 - PRODUCTS - HOME

Grusse - Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    Kenny,

Is this frame designed for 650b or do they just fit? I'm riding a 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush-B and love it, but I have a soft spot for the Horst Link.

How much does a Large 140mm travel frame weigh? I have to admit, I'm kind of a "Carbon-snob" because of how light weight the frames are. My Rush is 25lbs complete with a 120Ultra Lefty. I'm thinking with a 140Max on this thing it might be close.

And thanks for the high BB. My Rush-B is about 13.75", but the 301 looks close to 14 without the 650b! Here in the desert SW we need clearance!!! I can't really understand 12" BB!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hey Stumpynerd,

You can contact Alex Clark at The Fix in Boulder Colorado or Frank at Moontime in Edwards. Alex is actually our rep and part owner of The Fix so he can help you find a bike to try although our XL demo is in CA - I think he does have a large though. You can also purchase Liteville through Wrench Science in Berkeley CA and offer a great custom build program!

Grusse - Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Thanks for info, I am located in Wyoming. So I could head to Colorado for testing, what size of frame would you recommend? I am 6ft 3" 35 inseam. I would probably ride an XL, also does the frame come with the link if I want to swap it to 160mm?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Good to see Liteville gaining some traction here in the States and on MTBR. Good luck to you guys; awesome looking bikes.

-C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I rode one for a good month, when trying to decide between it, or an Enduro29.

As mentioned above, it wasn't originally designed as a 27.5" bike which is pretty apparent when you chuck some wheels on it. I ran a 2.3 High Roller2, and there was 1-2mm clearance around the point where the DS Chainstay starts to curve by the BB.It was useless in the mud in the UK.

It did ride well - the BB is a big higher than most, for which there are both positives and negatives to be fair. If I hadn't ridden an Enduro29, i'd probably be on one.

It's about showing up.
    I had a chance to ride this bike for about 6 days. There is nothing stupid about this rig. Finish is crisp, the balance of the frame a shock was easy and fluid. It was all tarted-up with lots of Syntace bling and top level components (but a bike like this should be) so it was dream.

This one was set up as a 650b and was a longer more AM geometry than I was used to. After a while the bike became a very simple extension of me. It would take me a while for me to really get the best out of a bigger bike but as soon as things got swoopy or real speed happened the bike got even better. It took no time at all to realize how much better a bike this was than I was rider. My best bike purchases are at that very point, though, as I am able to sort of grow into such rigs.

Plus, dam*, it looks great rolling up to the trailhead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody own a Liteville 301?-121208_liteville.jpg  

I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Dam great looking bike. How she handle on tight, slow single track? Here is a couple pics of my riding area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody own a Liteville 301?-trees.jpg  

Anybody own a Liteville 301?-dscn0078.jpg  

Anybody own a Liteville 301?-dscn0050.jpg  

It's about showing up.
    Coming from a classic steel HT it simply seemed long but I can't call that a fair comparison. The wheelbase is 5 inches longer and I was unaccustomed to it. Also, as an AM bike the rider needs to really dig down into the bike aggressively to get the most out of it. My XC style commits but it is much more on top of the bike. Different skillset.

That said, I'd say it will eat up the stuff you have shown.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Love my 301! Thanks Kenny! Great service!

May contain nuts
    Mate has a large 301 with 27.5 W35 wheelset and had to go to an XL rear triangle to gain enough clearance - RR 2.25 would rub at 35psi on large rear. Now running HD 2.35 with about 5mm clearance on XL rear.
    Bike was never designed for 27.5, just happens to fit the XL rear. Also the press-fit bearing housings weren't so great - a couple of bearings fell out when swapping the new triangles... otherwise it's a nice frame.

Anybody own a Liteville 301?-301_1.jpgAnybody own a Liteville 301?-301_2.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperBike View Post
    Hey Stumpynerd,

Kenny here from Syntace/Liteville USA (Radsport USA - Radsport USA - The German Cycle Sport Connection). Figured I'd chime in. We do have dealers in the US but most are on the West Coast or in Colorado. I've been riding a 301 with 650b for a while now and digging it! I came off a Pivot Mach-5 and before that Intense Tracer (I was the Colorado Intense rep for 5 years). Both great bikes but much different that the active and plush 4-bar link 301! The 301 gobbles up the technical and steep stuff and remains active even when climbing through rocky sections = NO PEDAL JACK!! Lots of cool engineering too including of course the Syntace 142 axle system.

We've had some great reviews with MTBR, Mtn Biking, Pinkbike, MBA, Mtn Flyer, etc. (See below)

404 - Page Not Found

2014 Liteville 301 Trail and Enduro Bike First Ride Review | Bicycling Magazine

http://syntace-us.com/Links/MFi26_Liteville_LR.pdf

Liteville 301 MK 10 ? First Impressions | Mountain Bike Review

2013 Liteville Mountain Bikes Updates Frames w/ Scaled Sizing & Mix ?n? Match Wheel Combos

Please check em out and let me know if you have any questions. Maybe we can get you on a demo sometime!

Cheers,
    Kenny Roberts
    Radsport USA
    Kenny@radsportusa.com
    kenny, I've been eyeballing a mk11 301 as a possible replacement for my dw link Turner 5spot. The short top and head tube on the Spot is starting to annoy me to the point of finding something that fits better.

It's good to see Liteville frames becoming more readily availble in the states, but I'm wondering what the availability of frame "extras" is like? Parts like the 160mm rockers, 1-1/8" headset reducers, bearing kits, etc. Are these availlable at time of frame purchase or even further down the road as needs change?

Thanks for your time!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I do own one 301 small, on 26", perfect bike, just in love, have it for as long as 1 year no complains, matura fork thor 150 mm, DTswiss rear suspension 140mm, sram x9, matura M9 brakes, raceface cranks, dt swiss wheels and shwalbe fat albert tires.

Is fast, and fun!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm getting one of these later tonight .will be running 160 pikes .can not wait to ride it . Coming from a 2013 nukeproof mega AM and hopeing this new 301 will give me the pedaling I'm hopeing for )

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Test rode mine today and WOW what a bike No pedal jack allmost 0 chain pull ride up great and is like a dog waiting for you to throw that stick ...love it to bits

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If anyone wants to buy mine please msg me .im buying a hardtail so this must go ASAP 970 bargin price size L 18.5 with new reverb post plus headset .thanks

mtbr member
    ....5 days ago......
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013megaAM View Post
    Test rode mine today and WOW what a bike No pedal jack allmost 0 chain pull ride up great and is like a dog waiting for you to throw that stick ...love it to bits
    ....3 days ago......

Quote Originally Posted by 2013megaAM View Post
    If anyone wants to buy mine please msg me .im buying a hardtail so this must go ASAP 970 bargin price size L 18.5 with new reverb post plus headset .thanks
    What happened?

EDIT: never mind, saw your post in the other Thread
    ...love is the absence of fear....

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    still have it ?
    very interested,send pictures to roskirider@hotmail.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sold

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if the Cane Creek 40 ZS44/ZS56/40 Tapered Headset will fit into one of these frames!? Mk11
    "too weird to live, too rare to die"

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have a 301 mk10 in xl, long shot here but does anyone have a smaller size that they would be interested in swapping? Preferably a medium but would consider anything a little smaller