mtbr member

any news on the big 4.......

Trek, Specialized, Cannondale or Giant. Any of these jumping in for the '14 bikes?
    Misfit diSSent 1x10
    Jet 9

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    I've heard rumors around that someone is working on a 155mm 29er fork and that Specialized wants to try their hand at long travel 29ers before doing the 650b thing.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    sea otter. that's all I can say.

dwt
    mtbr member

any news on the big 4.......

Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    I've heard rumors around that someone is working on a 155mm 29er fork and that Specialized wants to try their hand at long travel 29ers before doing the 650b thing.
    Good luck with that, Spesh. Lenz is way ahead of you (3 years?)

But it's hard enough trying to convince hard core long travel 26" riders to try, let alone embrace, 27.5". Long travel 29" is a huge stretch. Forget DH. If Walt says no way, I believe him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I know Trek has a prototype in works and hopefully will get to see and ride in near future!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of travel for a 29er. Not sure I'd ever want that much travel on a 29er. I'd eventaully like to maybe do a Jet 9 with 120mm up front.
    Misfit diSSent 1x10
    Jet 9

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yes and they will be awesome. If you have a favourite brand out of the four bike companies mentioned above imagine for a moment the reason you like them as a bike company, now imagine your favourite bike that they build, do you see it? Good, now picture it with 650b wheels. There you go, you can expect this bike sometime in 2014-15.