• 01-02-2013
    rideit
    Any mavic rumors/lies/innuendo yet?
    It's time for the froggies to step up!

Anyone?
    Their website only shows 26" or 29", from what i can tell.
  • 01-03-2013
    etanc
    I am hoping the new year brings more great news for the 27.5 crowd from all over the industry. Can't imagine Mavic won't be on board but froggies? Really?
  • 01-03-2013
    talabardio
    Euros are more into 650b than Americans so we'll see some product from Mavic probably sooner rather than later.

This forum is read by people all over the world, so perhaps it is best to keep posts pejorative-free, even if just joking around?
  • 01-03-2013
    rideit
    À moi, il IS-IS pas différent que n'importe quel orateur français m'appelle un « Yank », ou «Spud », ou celui que… aucun mal n'a prévu !
  • 01-03-2013
    voodoo5
    rideit, STFU
  • 01-03-2013
    rideit
    Oh, go eat some maple donuts at Tim Horton's, K, Kermit?:D

Corncobs, I say...
  • 01-04-2013
    JRR
    The Mavic wheels are ok ,the 29 size rim is strong ,but heavyish compared to a similar width rim with holes drilled all in it.In the 650 size I'm going to want a wider rim than that,and if they put a non drilled,wide ust rim out it will be even heavier,but bombproof.Bottom line for me is Mavic is going to have to go wider in the 650 size for me to buy.
  • 01-04-2013
    talabardio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    À moi, il IS-IS pas différent que n'importe quel orateur français m'appelle un « Yank », ou «Spud », ou celui que… aucun mal n'a prévu !

Très drôle! ;)
  • 01-04-2013
    reformed roadie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JRR View Post
    .Bottom line for me is Mavic is going to have to go wider in the 650 size for me to buy.

You can say that for all Mavic rims and wheels. They are behind the times by not going to wider widths, road or mountain. I have a set of Crosstrails, and they are really nice, except for the narrow rims.
  • 01-05-2013
    pedal-man
    Talking to a Mavic rep last spring...he stated that there are no 650B wheels on line for this years offering = 2013. Which is sad because they make some really great wheels. They do need to be a touch wider though...I agree.