mtbr member
    Jan 2010

any hope of making a gary fisher ziggurat 69er conversion

I have a later 90's ish' Fisher ziggurat (1999-2001, not sure), is there any hope of a successful 69er conversion? I am thinking going with a rigid 29er fork, white bros or tange cromo fork. Is there anything I am overlooking for such a conversion. I am also open to suggestions about going with a suspension fork too. The frame looks to be suspension corrected, it came with a Rock Shox Judy from the same era.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I saw an earlier FAQ thread that said it should be possible to add a 29er rigid fork and a 29inch wheel. Am I on the right track? What problems will I run into with this frame? Or am I better of sticking with the 26 inch suspension fork?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Is it possible? I was thinking something along the lines of this Stumpy conversion, but using a Ziggurat frame:

Stumpy B-niner conversion...

mtbr member
    I've got a 99 paragon frame and I have fit a 650b wheel on the front with no problems. It will also fit a 650b in the rear.

You might lose the effect of the genesis geometry though.

mtbr member
    Don't use specific 29er fork, use a fork with an axle/crown of 425 or 440mm.
    You'll still have room for a 29" wheel with something like a 2.35" tyre but you'll be slackening out the head angle at least a degree less than with something like a 465mm 29er fork.

The picture shows a 2.1" tyre on a 29" wheel in Salsa Cromoto 425mm forks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any hope of making a gary fisher ziggurat 69er conversion-tyre-clearance_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I've got a 99 paragon frame and I have fit a 650b wheel on the front with no problems. It will also fit a 650b in the rear.

You might lose the effect of the genesis geometry though.
    Thanks for brining this up. Maybe using a 650B wheel will be better than the larger 29er. Do you thik I could fit a 650b in the front and rear of a Fisher ziggurat? Also how will a 650b fit on the rim brakes?