mtbr member

Any 650b geo compete with 2013 enduro?

Looking for a 650b to direct me away from purchasing a 26" enduro s works frame. Any ideas?

mtbr member

Any 650b geo compete with 2013 enduro?

SC Bronson looks similar.

mtbr member
    The chainstays are about an inch longer on the Bronson's

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004
    You could make a strong argument for the Norco Range. On paper it will be a pretty similar ride, plus it comes in a couple of smaller sizes for folks who won't fit on the Enduro.

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Or you can just wait for the 27.5 Spec. Enduro

As cool as their new 29'er Enduro is not everyone wants a GD 29'er. Spec. is gonna want their own piece of the 27.5 pie. Just a matter of time IMO.

Range Killer B or a Banshee Rune would be logical choices but not S Works weight that's for sure. Some new bikes might appear at the Sea Otter Classic later this month. Pivot has something in the works which could be a 650B carbon Firebird but no evidence of this. Carbon Bronson or Intense Carbine 275 would make nice choices and jeez get over the CS length thing. People get way to hung up on that I believe.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004
    Yeah I misread the OP - he actually wants a 26" enduro, apparently.

I am of 2 minds about the chainstay length thing. On the one hand, like weight, it's something that is appealing to freak out about partially because it's quantifiable (and often quantified in a very small unit - ie mm for length, grams for weight where very small percentage differences sound huge when expressed in absolute numbers and taken out of context).

But on the other hand I've got a 40cm chainstay 29er here that I thought would be stupid and awful (so much so that I named it "Stupidmobile") and you know what? If you're the kind of person who likes to jump over things and hip steer, short is awesome. And as far as I can tell, even 40cm (though there are certainly things you give up) isn't "too short" even for me, riding an 83cm saddle height. Small differences in chainstay length are actually pretty noticeable and for some people, obsessing about it is actually worthwhile.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    You won't hate the Enduro, that's for sure. And if you aren't a very active (aggressive?) rider, you won't care about chainstay length. *I* care about chainstay length. A lot, actually. I rode an Enduro all last year (and SL back in 2007-2009). You won't hate it at all. It's a great bike.

On the other hand, I've got my sights on a Tracer 275 (slacker ht than the Carbine 275) and would have ordered a Range 650 bike if they had any frames left, which they don't. No more Range or Sight 650 frames from Norco until MY14 product arrives (July as I hear it).

I've been riding 650 on a stump for years now and if you rock out with a Lyrik up front, it'll feel very Enduro-y.

If it's time for a new bike, don't wait.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com