Too Much Fun

New question here. ANY 27.5 news from Spesh at Eurobike?!

Confession: I don't really care what they do with their bikes, but I DO want the option of running their rubber on my 650b machines.

So am I correct that with Eurobike officially open and underway that Spesh won't be making 650b/27.5 kits this model year?

Explain. Discuss. Or I guess we wait to see if there's a big reveal tomorrow?
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    specialized always shows their stuff for "this model year" around july. So that is probably all you'll see until next july.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    Rumor is they are coming out with tires first,so there you go.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55 View Post
    Confession: I don't really care what they do with their bikes, but I DO want the option of running their rubber on my 650b machines.

So am I correct that with Eurobike officially open and underway that Spesh won't be making 650b/27.5 kits this model year?

Explain. Discuss. Or I guess we wait to see if there's a big reveal tomorrow?
    As silly as it may sound to people, it's one reason I sit on the fence on if my next bike will be 650B. I've always run Specialized tires and I like the way they ride and I have a confidence level with them. I hope even if they choose to stay out bike wise for a while, they see a market for their tires in 650B
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

Big Gulps, Alright!
    They would have spilled the beans at their dealer camp which was a couple weeks ago. I'd guess there might be a 2015 model. Stumpjumper or Enduro would be a logical first choice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Who cares? Specialized is the most overrated bike brand out there, kinda reminds me of Harley-Davidson, maybe not the best motorcycle, but probably the best at marketing.
    With all the 27.5 bikes joining the party, who needs them anyway? Santa Cruz seems to be showing a new bike monthly and Giant going all in on 27.5, I know where my interest lies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    Who cares? Specialized is the most overrated bike brand out there, kinda reminds me of Harley-Davidson, maybe not the best motorcycle, but probably the best at marketing.
    With all the 27.5 bikes joining the party, who needs them anyway? Santa Cruz seems to be showing a new bike monthly and Giant going all in on 27.5, I know where my interest lies.
    Try reading the actual post not just the title. The thread was about their tires, not really their bikes.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    They make great tires, which are competitively priced with other premium tires, has nothing to do with marketing, unless word of mouth is marketing.

AZ
    banned
    Too bad no one else makes good 6 fiddy tires.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Too bad no one else makes good 6 fiddy tires.
    And what's your version of "good"? Or is that sarcastic?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Doesn't really matter, ok, so the post went the way of S branded tires, but really, as some posted, "too bad no-one makes good 650b tires"? How about Schwalbe( my choice), Max is, Continental, WTB, etc? There are several, and more on the way, so some prefer Specialized tires, ok, understandable, but still know(believe) the company is way overrated and late to the game, I'm sure when they do come out with 27.5, which is inevitable, they'll have some lame excuse to way they waited.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Specialized won't release anything 650b until they have frames, wheels & tires all ready to be released together.

At the moment they are still too busy trying to convince the world that big flexy wheels with limited tire choice and poor braking is the way to go for Enduro...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    And what's your version of "good"? Or is that sarcastic?
    Schwalbe

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR-33 View Post
    Schwalbe
    I agree, Schwalbe makes some excellent 650b tires as does a bunch of other companies now. I think people who complain that there are no good 650b tires aren't looking very hard or are just extremely picky.

I was curious as to what Dirty $hanchez version of "good" meant or was it just a poke at the big "S"

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Hurricane Jeff: I know this may come as a shock, but not everyone shares your needs or tastes in components or bikes. I do happen to like Spec. tires AND bikes.

End of lecture, please return to being the center of the universe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Doesn't really matter, ok, so the post went the way of S branded tires, but really, as some posted, "too bad no-one makes good 650b tires"? How about Schwalbe( my choice), Max is, Continental, WTB, etc? There are several, and more on the way, so some prefer Specialized tires, ok, understandable, but still know(believe) the company is way overrated and late to the game, I'm sure when they do come out with 27.5, which is inevitable, they'll have some lame excuse to way they waited.
    It does matter to people who prefer Specialized tires. With any of those other brands is there a 90 day no questions asked return policy? Even for damaged tires?
    Tires are a key components. It is important to feel confident in the grip you'll get, I've tried others and always end up back on Specialized tires.

I tried some SWorks version trying to save weight, tore a hole in the side of the rear and decided the weight saving wasn't worth the hit in durability. I was able to walk into my LBS, pick up new non Sworks versions of both tires and get a refund for the difference.

Let me know when those other brands do that.

Before you call me a Specialized fan, I've been very upfront on how I felt about my SJ FSR and the proprietary crap they are doing with their shocks.
    Last edited by TwoTone; 08-30-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Oh! OK........so you must be a big S fanboy and that's great that you are, if you are. My point was that some feel that if Speciaized isn't in the game, that it's irreverent, or not worth doing. Specialized not going to 27.5 will play out to be a big mistake on their end. If you haven't heard, Specialized denounced 27.5, stating that they didn't see what everyone else saw as to the size being a benefit to fit into suspension constraints, body size, bike weight and the fact that 29ers are not for everyone. As far as their tires go, that's great they offer a warranty, still a warranty doesn't guarantee a great tire, I've ridden Specialized tires in the past, as well as tires from just about everyone else, I really wasn't impressed with the S branded tires. It's kinds funny though that a few days back, I had a discussion with my riding buddies about tires, what some people like, others c ant stand, even if ridden in the same conditions and on similar bikes.
    So Blatant, I'll race you back to the center of the Universe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    I agree, Schwalbe makes some excellent 650b tires as does a bunch of other companies now. I think people who complain that there are no good 650b tires aren't looking very hard or are just extremely picky.
    +1 - indeed.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Oh! OK........so you must be a big S fanboy and that's great that you are, if you are. My point was that some feel that if Speciaized isn't in the game, that it's irreverent, or not worth doing. Specialized not going to 27.5 will play out to be a big mistake on their end. If you haven't heard, Specialized denounced 27.5, stating that they didn't see what everyone else saw as to the size being a benefit to fit into suspension constraints, body size, bike weight and the fact that 29ers are not for everyone. As far as their tires go, that's great they offer a warranty, still a warranty doesn't guarantee a great tire, I've ridden Specialized tires in the past, as well as tires from just about everyone else, I really wasn't impressed with the S branded tires. It's kinds funny though that a few days back, I had a discussion with my riding buddies about tires, what some people like, others c ant stand, even if ridden in the same conditions and on similar bikes.
    So Blatant, I'll race you back to the center of the Universe.
    What the hell did any of that have to do with a guy that flat out says I don't give a **** about their bikes, just want to run some of their tires. Wow.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I believe there is a Tommy Boy quote on the warranty policy that bears mentioning here.

Tommyboy 04 Guarantee scene - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Lighten up Francis....wasn't the last post from both myself and Blantant in regards to tires? Like I said, that's great they offer a warranty, didn't know that, and what works for me, might not work for you and vice versa. Did you even read my last post?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If Spec doesn't come out with a 27.5 tire, also don't forget Pacenti's tires. I have a customer on them and I'd put them up against any other brand.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Re: ANY 27.5 news from Spesh at Eurobike?!

Word. Only thing I buy from specialED is their tires. Butcher/GC solid combo.

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE