Hello

Anticipation of Mavic 650b wheels release...

Any industry insiders have info on release date for 650b wheelset from Mavic? :-)

sent from my rotary phone

mtbr member
    I'm stoked as I was really happy with the couple of sets of Crosstrails I used on my 26" wheeled bike. They were light, strong, and laterally stiff and at very reasonable prices from hucknroll at the time.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    These won't be reasonably priced any time soon...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey guys,
    I've been a Mavic athlete a long time and I've recently begun helping them with community management so I guess that makes me somewhat of an industry insider :-) The 650 or 27.5 wheels linked to up top are the new Crossmax Enduro wheels that were introduced last week. They are a flagship model and the first wheel and tire system to be released by Mavic for mountain bikes, they are an early introduction model so they should be shipping very soon, if not already. The full 2014 range will be introduced very soon and you should expect to see a comprehensive line up of 27.5 products to suit your particular style of riding or budget. Hope that info helps!

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffLenosky View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've been a Mavic athlete a long time and I've recently begun helping them with community management so I guess that makes me somewhat of an industry insider :-) The 650 or 27.5 wheels linked to up top are the new Crossmax Enduro wheels that were introduced last week. They are a flagship model and the first wheel and tire system to be released by Mavic for mountain bikes, they are an early introduction model so they should be shipping very soon, if not already. The full 2014 range will be introduced very soon and you should expect to see a comprehensive line up of 27.5 products to suit your particular style of riding or budget. Hope that info helps!
    Jeff, thanks for stopping in and dropping some info. I'm curious to see the new products Mavic has coming out. The new Enduro wheels look nice.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Hello
    Thank you Jeff! Appreciate the info. I'm stockpiling on parts for my 650 build.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLenosky View Post
    Hey guys,

sent from my rotary phone

mtbr member
    Hey Jeff, or anyone else for that matter, any updates on the rest of the 650b offerings from Mavic?

mtbr member
    May 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

mtbr member
    Nice, really need the more budget and rider weight friendly crosstrails for myself.

Whats the typical rider weight limit for the crossmax SLR's in the other sizes?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Not to be a downer, but the near $1000 price and weight, even without knowing the rim width, doesn't seem to be anything special compared to current 650b offerings. What am I missing about the anticipation of a Mavic 650 wheel? Again, please do not read this in a flame-tone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    What am I missing about the anticipation of a Mavic 650 wheel?.
    Options.
    2002 Giant Rincon
    2012 Diamondback Podium 3
    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29
    2013 Giant Anthem X Advanced 2

mtbr member
    mountain-bike-wheels---Mavic doesn't sound so hot to me?
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    19mm rim??? That'll fade away in a sea of 28mm-40mm rim options.