mtbr member

Another 650b 1x1 in the orange flavor

Thought I'd post up my new orange 1x1 build. The 650b wheelset was made by Universal Cycles and is awesome quality. The other parts are leftovers and are temporary until I figure out what I want to replace them with.

Might go with some Mary bars or something similar. Anyone have some Mary bars they wanna sell since I can't find any?

Check it out...

mtbr member

1x1!

Nice job on your 1x1
    I will PM you re: Mary Bars

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by enFuego
    Nice job on your 1x1
    I will PM you re: Mary Bars
    Thanks! I can't wait for the rain to stop and try out the 650's

PM replied

mtbr member
    I dig it! Well done.

mtbr member
    Awesome rig.

I'm interested to hear what you have to say about the BB height. I like the idea of getting a 1x1 and doing the conversion, but I'm scared by the possibility of crappy BB height.

rmb
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzinmj
    Awesome rig.

I'm interested to hear what you have to say about the BB height. I like the idea of getting a 1x1 and doing the conversion, but I'm scared by the possibility of crappy BB height.
    I had a 1x1 with 650B wheels and the bb height was a hair over 12 inches with Neo motos. The frame has a very low bb height with 26 inch wheels. It might as well be a 650b specific frame.

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by trrubicon06
    The 650b wheelset was made by Universal Cycles and is awesome quality.

Nice bike! I just had a rear wheel built by Universal. Velocity Blunt/Hope Pro II hub. Like you, I found the build to be awesome.

mtbr member
    I don't think the BB height is affected to much with the 650's...now 29's would raise it a good bit. The wheel build from Universal cycles was top notch and straight as an arrow. I'm progressively upgrading parts here and there. I just installed some Mary bars and some new cranks/bb as well. Will, post up more pics and reports as soon as the rain stops

mtbr member
    Is that a DMR chain tug/ der. hanger I see? Any plans for gears? I was going to try this out but then the Beasley came along with an EBB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    Is that a DMR chain tug/ der. hanger I see? Any plans for gears? I was going to try this out but then the Beasley came along with an EBB.
    Well, my plan was to eventually get some 2.7" tires on wide rims for snow riding. I figured that for snow riding I'd need more gears for the various terrain. I'm still planning to do the fat tire deal, but still use the 650's. Just switch back and forth for the seasons.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

orange whip

That bike looks KILLLER!
    I've got very similar plans for my 1x1, it should be arriving sometime next week. Pugsley inspired for the winter, meaning 26" wheels with 2.5 nevegals running low pressures. 650b tank for the summer, Im thinking racing ralphs 2.25 or maybe smaller nevegals.

What 2.7's were you thinking about runnin'? People are telling me Im crazy for wanting to run even 2.5's, but I want bigger!! I plan on riding groomed winter trails, not commuting (my job requires me have a car).
    I already love this bike and I dont even have it yet!!

mtbr member
    Some newer pics with the Mary's...