NedwannaB

Alright you Bastard!!

Could it "B"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alright you Bastard!!-bastardo-small.jpg  

Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member

Good job!

That looks really familiar!
    Ventana El Bastardo 650B
    Spez Comp Carbon 29er
    Turner 5 Spot
    Giant NRS1
    Super V
    ProFlex
    IronHorse

NedwannaB
    Dangit you used a red CK headset too! Arrgh

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    New toy, Jeff? Looks like a winner. Eager to hear how it works for you. I just built up my b-optional Whippet today. Used XT stuff mostly, though it's currently wearing a set of Mavic xc717 hoops, knobby tires and standard weight tubes. Came in at 23lbs/9oz including two bottle cages It might end up wearing some TL-28 hoops, but not sure yet -- the BB height looks ideal for 26" wheels, and perhaps a slightly longer fork; not sure I want to both just yet. Test ride is tomorrow morning.

Hope you found your dream bike in that bastard.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Yup red CK! I was origonaly going to option every thing in blue but then decided red would go better with the gold kashmir fox shocks. I like the way it turned out.

FYI: I think I corrected my front end issues. I simply lowered my stem 7mm from two 5 mm spacers to a single 3mm spacer. It seems to pull the riding position a little forward and feels a bit more in control. I may eventually get a 0 deg stem or a flat bar.

Let me know if you use those quasi on your Bastard and how you like them. I have the Neo 2.1's on right now. They feel good but I'll bet the quasi's feel a little faster. I use to always use a tire with a medium XC tread pattern until until I bought my last Spez Stumpy Expert which came with S-Works 1.95 race tires. I found them to have plenty of grip for what I usually ride and they were really smooth and fast.
    Ventana El Bastardo 650B
    Spez Comp Carbon 29er
    Turner 5 Spot
    Giant NRS1
    Super V
    ProFlex
    IronHorse

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Congrats of your new ride. I'm interested in your build and results...TIA for posting.

Mike

jrm
    mtbr member

Awesome

Post some pics once you have it built.

NedwannaB

That was just in plan

Quote Originally Posted by TysonTy1 View Post
    Yup red CK! I was origonaly going to option every thing in blue but then decided red would go better with the gold kashmir fox shocks. I like the way it turned out.

FYI: I think I corrected my front end issues. I simply lowered my stem 7mm from two 5 mm spacers to a single 3mm spacer. It seems to pull the riding position a little forward and feels a bit more in control. I may eventually get a 0 deg stem or a flat bar.

Let me know if you use those quasi on your Bastard and how you like them. I have the Neo 2.1's on right now. They feel good but I'll bet the quasi's feel a little faster. I use to always use a tire with a medium XC tread pattern until until I bought my last Spez Stumpy Expert which came with S-Works 1.95 race tires. I found them to have plenty of grip for what I usually ride and they were really smooth and fast.
    Not installed yet, headset will have to be swiped off another bike so no TysonTy clone yet. If I put the Alex/DT wheels on I'll go with the red, if the WTB Laser/silver XT hubs l think I have a pewter/silver one somewhere. What a color match geek.

That's great you got yours abit more dialed in. Started 2nd guessing my decision to put the 4" rockers on mine thinking I should have left it stock geo with my 130mm fork as is if I end up setting it up more trailbike. But really no need for the longer travel around here on 90% of the riding I do.

Yeah as a light rider I can get away with skimpy tires too. I have a few of the 2.0 SWorks 29er tires and they work great.

mtbr member
    Got the Bastard out yesterday on a good 14 mile ride on some rougher trails. Finally getting use to some drops and jumping it. I forced myself to build some confidence in the bike (stopped treating it like a new girlfriend). Made it up some climbs I sometimes struggle with. I may be honeymooning or just found some 650Balls but the bike rode great and I am happy. Dropped the seat post and bombed down the "Hill Of Life" (Roughest/Longest drop we have around here). The 4" is enough travel for the drops yet keeps the bike fairly fast for a full squish. In summary...I like it!

I do not typically support bike+creek water but in this case the Bastard was already soaked while carrying it through the belly deep river.

Baron Creek Green belt
    Ventana El Bastardo 650B
    Spez Comp Carbon 29er
    Turner 5 Spot
    Giant NRS1
    Super V
    ProFlex
    IronHorse

NedwannaB
    Yeah keep that beauty out of the buyou swamps!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Nice!

Just got back from Laguna Coast Wilderness Park, the Bastardo felt relaxed. White Brothers Loop is feeling like the right fork.

El Bastardo love. Post up. TIA.

m

mtbr member
    Yeah keep that beauty out of the buyou swamps!
    Ya it did look like a swamp. This area is usually dry. I had to carry the basard on my back at 6 of these water crossings. Always good to add a little adventure to a ride.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Ventana El Bastardo 650B
    Spez Comp Carbon 29er
    Turner 5 Spot
    Giant NRS1
    Super V
    ProFlex
    IronHorse

NedwannaB

That lazy ba$tard!

Quote Originally Posted by TysonTy1 View Post
    I had to carry the basard on my back at 6 of these water crossings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk