mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I dunno the answer but... I'm hoping it's yes, as that would be a SWEET set up. I know the 650b does fit on a santa cruz blur TRC though......
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

650b on Yeti Asr-5 C

OK, need help,
    Can I fit 650bīs on a Asr-5 C
    Thankīs

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm going to say doubtful. Granted my experience is limited to a 2.3 Neo-Moto, but two of my riding buddies have 2011 ASR5C's and we have looked at the clearance and ruled it out. This seems to be a common theme with the carbon Yeti rear triangles - if you look at other posts in this forum you will see that folks with the aluminum rear triangles can fit 650b but those with the carbon rear triangle cannot.

Fred

mtbr member
    RagerXS is correct on those with carbon rear triangles. The carbon triangle requires reinforcing to reduce flexing so the additional 3/4-inches requred to fit the 650b will not work. The aluminum rear triangles allow just enough clearance to fit the 650b 2.1 Neo-moto but not the 2.3 tire width.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RagerXS View Post
    I'm going to say doubtful. Granted my experience is limited to a 2.3 Neo-Moto, but two of my riding buddies have 2011 ASR5C's and we have looked at the clearance and ruled it out. This seems to be a common theme with the carbon Yeti rear triangles - if you look at other posts in this forum you will see that folks with the aluminum rear triangles can fit 650b but those with the carbon rear triangle cannot.

Fred
    Sorry all asr-5 come with carbon rear triangles, so what are we talking about. Can we fit or not a 650b on this frame
    Thank guys

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    i remember reading that yeti will not ever make a 29er or 650 frame set

if that helps at all

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dugan661 View Post

if that helps at all
    So what will they do if the industry moves away from 26ers, go out of business?
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    You guys made my day! I have a 2004 Yeti ASR SL which I believe was the last yr that they had aluminum rear triangle. I have had it since 2004. Guess who is going to become my first 650b?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just glanced at the clearance for mine the other day and it does not look possible for the back tire. The front tire on the other hand...

Is anyone else considering just replacing the front tire? I plan on it, but that will probably be next year before I get around to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeti has at least a couple of 29er's, Bigtop 29 and SB95. I wouldn't rule out 650b completely.

Quote Originally Posted by dugan661 View Post

if that helps at all

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LowOnO2 View Post
    You guys made my day! I have a 2004 Yeti ASR SL which I believe was the last yr that they had aluminum rear triangle. I have had it since 2004. Guess who is going to become my first 650b?
    So what's the verdict? Did you go for it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have yeti 575 2010-9. I read about same guy that done upgrade for his 26".
    The guy have Bicycle Design Workshop and he replaced only the front wheel of 26er bike to 27.5", He done same examination to 27.5 this combinatin has on a satisfying both worlds. I Sorry that i can't send the Article link because it writen in Hebrew.
    I know that in same point i going to try that

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrider16 View Post
    So what's the verdict? Did you go for it?
    Unfortunately, no. I am leaning towards building a new frame from scratch due to the case of upgrade-itis.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

No chance

My experience is with:
    AS-R SL with Aluminum rear triangle
    AS-R SL with Carbon rear triangle
    AS-R 5 (all have full carbon rear triangle)

The first, with the AL rear triangle did have enough room to fit in the 650b wheel with a 2.1 tire. Clearance was close but it did work

The second one would also fit the same rear wheel.

The third, the ASR 5, NO CHANCE. I didn't even try. With a 26" wheel, there was about as much clearance as the previous frames with the 650b. About 1cm all the way around the chainstays. The seatstays might have fit it, but I think it might have rubbed on the seatpost at full compression. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What tire did you use on your Aluminum ASR? Do you have any pictures? I have an old Alu ASR gathering dust and was thinking about doing the conversion to bide my time until I can justify a new frame. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by max_lombardy View Post
    My experience is with:
    AS-R SL with Aluminum rear triangle
    AS-R SL with Carbon rear triangle
    AS-R 5 (all have full carbon rear triangle)

The first, with the AL rear triangle did have enough room to fit in the 650b wheel with a 2.1 tire. Clearance was close but it did work

The second one would also fit the same rear wheel.

The third, the ASR 5, NO CHANCE. I didn't even try. With a 26" wheel, there was about as much clearance as the previous frames with the 650b. About 1cm all the way around the chainstays. The seatstays might have fit it, but I think it might have rubbed on the seatpost at full compression. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.