Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1573
    underachiever
    Quote Originally Posted by HrznRider View Post
    BTW, misterdangerpants are those 2.35 nobby nics?
    Yes indeed.

underachiever
    Nao came over last night and took some photos of #17. You'll notice the "granite rash" on the right seat stay from my inaugural ride.

underachiever
    And more:

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Pivot

All I can say about the performance after Mach 5 and 5.7 is WOW!

650B Picture Thread-image.jpg650B Picture Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadro View Post
    SICK bike Quadro!!! Looks way better than the website photos and you built it up just like I would have (except for the Avid brakes). Detailed ride report please!

Have FUN!

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Sweet looking bike Quatro! Which rims/wheels are those? Detailed ride report on the bike, especially with the Pike/Float X combo.

[QUOTE=Quadro;10663477]All I can say about the performance after Mach 5 and 5.7 is WOW!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Oh my, I see all these fantastic photos and I just think, I really need to improve my photography skills haha! I just brought home this Giant XTC a few days ago. So far I've put about two dozen miles on it and it feels great!
    650B Picture Thread-photo-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdangerpants View Post
    And more:

Love your bike , especially the color ! You have excellent taste on all your bikes. Kish has a color on his steel mtb. gallery that slightly resembles that. Yours is a little more subdued color...very nice.

I was just commenting on the Moots forum about how I don't care for that *strut* they put on the smaller YBB 29er frames--the 16"& 17". I was set to order a 17" and then found there's no getting around the strut. Something about the way it looks... I just don't dig it. On to Plan B I guess.

On this bike, the strut looks so graceful and blends in so well, I barely notice it...at least compared to the Moots.

Congrats.
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

'05 NY Steinway D
    Yamaha CP4
    Potts 29er
    Ellsworth Truth
    Litespeed Classic

mtbr member
    This is awesome. How does the 650B feel on the Troll? May convert in the future, currently still running 26"

Regards,
    KW

Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    I still love my Troll.

Jumping Pound Loop Trail

Jumping Pound Loop Trail

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm

[QUOTE=seleniak;10663986]Sweet looking bike Quatro! Which rims/wheels are those? Detailed ride report on the bike, especially with the Pike/Float X combo.

Those are Syntace W30 MX. Seems to be very good set of wheels so far.

Comparing Mach 6 to my previous Machs the downhill is where it stands out the most.

Everything is little better. Slacker headangle, more travel and better damping.
    Both the Pike and the FloatX feels much more controlled than my previous set up in the 5.7(Float RP23 and Revelation 150mm).

I also noticed the bigger wheels, this bike definitely rolls over rocks and roots far more better than its predecessor. But obviously 10mm more travel and slacker angle helps also.
    So far I haven't noticed any wagon wheel effect, it feels very nimble.

Climbing is as good as in any Pivot. Rear end feels very efficient and I don't feel the front being any lighter than in 5.7, even with 160mm fork.
    Sure the added weight feels little bit.

It's hard to believe that endurobike can get any better than this!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadro View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2174 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	830452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3061 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	830453

MmmmmHmmmmm.....NICE!

Dissolved member
    Great looking bikes everyone! Here is my workhorse with Derby's new rim.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-ibishdr650b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Lynskey MT650

Here's my new bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just got my Santa Cruz Solo 650b last week. Owned several 29ers and 26ers in my day but this bike does it all. Carves, climbs, descends with confidence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-solo.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-solo.jpg  

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Curious how much the Mach6 weighs with the Pike.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2005

2013 Banshee Spitfire V2

Running 2.3" Neo Moto's in the 26" dropouts and they fit fine. Actually Shwalbe NN fit but clearance is very tight. I'm waiting on the redesigned 650b dropouts which will be available soon and add another 10mm of space then anything should fit. Only 30 miles so far on the bike so plenty of tweaking to be done. Banshee's VPP rear suspension design is awesome and what I'd hoped for. Fork needs some break in time and playing around with pressure and setting. Little harsh so far but not bad really. XX1 is all that and fantastic (should be for the price). North Shore Billet XX1 spider/bash combo and blue anno caliper carriers. X-Fusion Hilo SL dropper with 125mm travel. Straitline AMP pedals, Hadley rear, Hope front, Stans Flow's with custom blue decals (White Bros. fork also). 30lbs

650B Picture Thread-img_0308r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0315r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0310r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0316r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0317r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0318r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0323r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0322r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0304r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0305r.jpg650B Picture Thread-img_0306r.jpg

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Running 2.3" Neo Moto's in the 26" dropouts and they fit fine. Actually Shwalbe NN fit but clearance is very tight. I'm waiting on the redesigned 650b dropouts which will be available soon and add another 10mm of space then anything should fit. Only 30 miles so far on the bike so plenty of tweaking to be done. Banshee's VPP rear suspension design is awesome and what I'd hoped for. Fork needs some break in time and playing around with pressure and setting. Little harsh so far but not bad really. XX1 is all that and fantastic (should be for the price). North Shore Billet XX1 spider/bash combo and blue anno caliper carriers. X-Fusion Hilo SL dropper with 125mm travel. Straitline AMP pedals, Hadley rear, Hope front, Stans Flow's with custom blue decals (White Bros. fork also). 30lbs
    Wow, looking great Jeff! When we gonna ride?

mtbr member
    Just switched the lowers on my Rev 150 fork so that I have no clearance issues up front for whatever tire I wanna run. It looks weird with 2cm of clearance! 2010 stump fsr expert. This is the bike that the mtn bike product managers saw when we rode together a few years back. They were asking what they should do about 160mm travel 29rs. I pointed. They designed the Enduro 29. So much for that!650B Picture Thread-imag0012.jpg

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

mtbr member
    Daaaaaamn Skidad.... looks sweet! Banshee hasn't really been on my radar..shame on me I guess.

Trailbildr.....they're coming around...slowly

mtbr member
    What the WHAT??? skidad, aren't you the one who's always ripping on me for suggesting LOW BB heights (because I love my Spitty!) and here you go getting a Spitty?! What enlightening event changed your tune??? Nice bike!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    What the WHAT??? skidad, aren't you the one who's always ripping on me for suggesting LOW BB heights (because I love my Spitty!) and here you go getting a Spitty?! What enlightening event changed your tune??? Nice bike!
    He's running the 26" dropouts to keep the BB high!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hey, I don't rip on anyone personally for wanting a low BB height. I rip on the manufacturers for doing it and taking it to the extreme which will totally rule out certain bikes for me (and others) because yes I like a higher BB for where I live and ride. 13.5" for a full squish bike is basically my cutoff point now.

Banshee's 26" or 650b dropouts make no difference in BB height, they function both the same. 650b drops just add 10mm more length. Now if you have studied the Banshee geometry charts (as I have) you would know that with 650b wheels combined with the flip chips in the high/steep setting and an A/C fork of 545mm will give you a (supposed) 13.9" BB height This possibility makes Skidad very very happy. My 150mm Loop fork A/C is only 534mm so the BB comes down a smidgen and the Pacenti tires are about average in height for 650b so I ended up with a 13 5/8" which = acceptable to me. With big, tall 650b tires and a 545mm A/C fork I'm sure I could hit the 13.9" mark which is also fine by me. You could also end up at the other extreme near 13" or maybe even below that with the flip chips in the low/slack setting with 26" wheels and of course there is the neutral setting also. VERY versatile setup which should make almost anyone happy and yes, does add a bit of extra weight but so what?

So that's how I can own a Spitty, and the fact that the rear suspension kinematics are wonderful and a major deciding factor on the purchase of this frame. We'll see how the Loop fork works out but I may end up with something more beefy and plush down the road. Time to just ride for now as this build has taken way to long to materialize. Had an agreement with myself I had to sell my Cannondale Prophet first and now that finally has a happy new owner in AZ.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    BronsonC SPX kit with a Marzocchi rear shock and 2x10 conversion. 6 weeks old and already blew a seal on my Stealth Reverb. I love this bike and don't even touch my 29er anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-20130805_200908.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-20130805_183036.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-20130805_200921.jpg  

Last edited by Nickk6; 09-22-2013 at 11:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Skidad - do me a favor and just TRY the lower setting for a smoother trail, you might be surprised at how much more fun that bike is (my V1 has 2 settings so I can relate). Maybe not best for most of your riding but there is a time and place for low and slack!

Enjoy!

G MAN

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast