Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1573
    mtbr remember
    Here's a quick few shots of mine ~95% built up. Still needs a few minor details dialed-in, including the brakes and chainring bolts...

Fully 650iBis converted!
    Wanted to run my rigid Tange fork, but the WTB 2.2 Wolverine would not clear on the corners...
    650B Picture Thread-0228031923_zpscaa15467.jpg
    650B Picture Thread-0228031927_zpsbc7427f7.jpg
    650B Picture Thread-0228032004_zps861cf568.jpg
    ^ before Shadow Plus and Type 2 clutches, there was Bullet Bro's!!!

I'll post some better shots after I wrap it up and get it on some dirt!
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0228032004_zps861cf568.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	778939
    ^ before Shadow Plus and Type 2 clutches, there was Bullet Bro's!!!

I'll post some better shots after I wrap it up and get it on some dirt!
    Isn't that a solution for a problem that does not really exist?

Got A Lust for Life...

Re: 650B Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post
    No

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by indyfab25 View Post
    No

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    If having a a single front chainring means that I pass.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post
    Yup. Kind of reminds me of the grip shift bass worm. Something else to bolt on that actually has a negative effect on performance. Just get an MRP 1x or, if on a budget, lock out an old front D to act as your chain guide.
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It's not a chain guide. It's to prevent or minimize chain slap, like the clutch derailleurs now do. It's annoying when your derailleur is clanging around. I really don't understand why people rip on stuff they know nothing about.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I know it's FUGLY , that's all I need to know.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    It's not a chain guide. It's to prevent or minimize chain slap, like the clutch derailleurs now do. It's annoying when your derailleur is clanging around. I really don't understand why people rip on stuff they know nothing about.
    Oh I know what it is. I have installed them for customers (back in the day). I also know they are ugly pieces of crap that only marginally help with derailleur tension while noticable affecting shift performance. AKA....one of the many POS parts marketed during the MTB boom to fix problems that don't exist.
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr remember
    hey guys, settle down. Yeah, it's to minimize chain slap, that's all. Some may think it's just ugly, but chill. I loved these things back in the day. And I liked it on this build, so shut yo noisy flaps!
    It's by no means my main steed in the stable, just a 650b vintage build I had fun with some parts I have laying around!
    The old faded red SDG saddle I threw on is ugly too, but I like it! And I kind of think the 150mm stem is ugly too, but ugly to a point that it almost matches the build with the sweep bars... UGLY is a relative term! ...this is just exactly what happens when someone posts up photos of an oddball retro-grouch build with obscure vintage parts (from might I say, the golden era in MTB's short history! ), and then other people only concerned with newest, latest, greatest, most technologically exotic, all first lay eyes on some real history; they are repulsed and shocked!
    If you all expected to see some 2013 Ferrari's at a car show, then a hot-rodded straight axle gasser shoebox shows up, most people just simply won't get it.

And yes, it helps being that it's a 1x8 (the tension is almost too much on the spring for a triple), but I also threw on a Paul chain keeper as a security measure from launching the chain in rough sections.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Man, all that Ibis needs is a Hite-Rite and you'd be all set! Too bad the tires wouldn't clear the rigid fork. Is that a Surly Open bar on there? I've got one on a Ritchey TimberWolf that I use as a grocery getter/winter commuter and I love it. I've always wanted to take the racks and fenders off it and throw on some knobbies and go trail-riding early '90's style.

Very cool that 650B's fit on your vintage frame. Let us know how she rides with her new wheels.
    All mountain bikes are all-mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI View Post
    And I kind of think the 150mm stem is ugly too, but ugly to a point that it almost matches the build with the sweep bars... UGLY is a relative term!
    Going to have to disagree with you on that one....that stem is beautiful! Hand made stem from back in the day when a stem could please a woman...hand painted to match the hand made frame. I love it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    650B Picture Thread-img_20130307_212857_907.jpgHere she is!

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalmunky View Post
    Man, all that Ibis needs is a Hite-Rite and you'd be all set! Too bad the tires wouldn't clear the rigid fork. Is that a Surly Open bar on there? I've got one on a Ritchey TimberWolf that I use as a grocery getter/winter commuter and I love it. I've always wanted to take the racks and fenders off it and throw on some knobbies and go trail-riding early '90's style.

Very cool that 650B's fit on your vintage frame. Let us know how she rides with her new wheels.
    oh definitely! I actually have some sitting around, but was going to save for a different build. The seatpost clamp I currently have on there right now is bolt-on anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by apat13 View Post
    Going to have to disagree with you on that one....that stem is beautiful! Hand made stem from back in the day when a stem could please a woman...hand painted to match the hand made frame. I love it!

haha, yeah, that's exactly why it is still on there! Matches the bike perfectly so I cannot seperate them, even if I am superman stretched over the front wheel, haha. Mainly the reason I went with the big pullback sweep bars.
    Oh, and yes, they are Surly Open bars, just blacked out to look more generic.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I decided to finally post these up in the thread. A 2012 Santa Cruz Blur TRc and a 2012 One One Whippet. Oddly enough they both weigh in at 22.6lbs. I'm not sure if that means the TRc is light, or the Whippet is heavy.

2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Big Paws on a Puppy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    I decided to finally post these up in the thread. A 2012 Santa Cruz Blur TRc and a 2012 One One Whippet. Oddly enough they both weigh in at 22.6lbs. I'm not sure if that means the TRc is light, or the Whippet is heavy.

Nice!!

Just my humble opinion because I've got an affinity to On One and hardtails but the Whippet is a straight beast (as we used to say in the 'hood).
    ‎"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb." - Tom Nuttall

NedwannaB
    I'd say yes to both! Take away the CC TB (I have one) weight and they'll both appear all the better! Really nice setups lj!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Nice!!

Just my humble opinion because I've got an affinity to On One and hardtails but the Whippet is a straight beast (as we used to say in the 'hood).
    The Whippet is my favorite bike. It can't handle the terrain that the TRc can, but it is so stiff and fast and is just a blast to ride.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    I'd say yes to both! Take away the CC TB (I have one) weight and they'll both appear all the better! Really nice setups lj!
    At heart I am a hard tail guy, but I am getting older and my lower back needs the Thudbuster! It does weigh a ton though.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Daaaang. That TRc is f'n light! Nice.

NedwannaB
    At heart I am a hard tail guy, but I am getting older and my lower back needs the Thudbuster! It does weigh a ton though.
    Yeah I hear yah on the back that's why I have one! Didn't mean to literally take it off just the theoretical "weight off the weight" you posted for the Whippet, yah know? I use one on my longer distance ride HT bike. Have a Moots layback Ti on the SS ht so it takes the edge off of those 2-4 hour rides. But all my bikes are 27.2 seat tubes so I can move the whole seat/seatpost setup around accordingly.

I do have a question on your chain hanger guide on the SC, is that one off a Specialized bike?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post

I do have a question on your chain hanger guide on the SC, is that one off a Specialized bike?
    It is a bionicon chainguide c.guide. A lot of people comment that it must add a lot of drag, but it doesn't. Mainly because that part of the chain isn't really under much tension. I have used a Shadow plus derailleur, and this works way better at controlling chain movement.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

NedwannaB
    It is a bionicon chainguide c.guide. A lot of people comment that it must add a lot of drag, but it doesn't. Mainly because that part of the chain isn't really under much tension. I have used a Shadow plus derailleur, and this works way better at controlling chain movement.
    Interesting. I was thinking about getting one of the clutch rr der for my El Bastardo to help with slap but I'm running 9spd. I will look into that device. My worry about drag is minimal.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

c guide

That's interesting, I had a Cguide on my Fuel EX and although it did take a lot of noise out I wasn't impressed, when I swapped over to my XT shadow plus I was then impressed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    My 2009 Epic Carbon Comp. There's a build thread on here somewhere but, like any proud owner, I figured I'd pimp it here too. When I bought it, the PO had upgraded to XX. It came with Stan's 355/DT Swiss 240 wheels. I had the hubs built with 650b Flows and swapped the SID to a Revelation 650b. The XX front derailleur didn't clear the rear tire so that got swapped for an SLX. I haven't weighed it recently but I'm guessing it's close to 24lbs or less. Here's a build list:

2009 Epic Carbon Comp size L
    XX drive train/SLX front derailleur
    XX cranks
    XX Brakes
    2013 100mm 650b Rockshox Revelation 15mm Maxle
    Flows/DT Swiss 240 converted to 15mm through Axle
    Racing Ralph/Quasi Moto
    Thompson post
    Easton EC 70 riser bar
    Specialized Phenom saddle
    Other stuff...

I came across a set of XT brakes that may go on. I'm planning on swapping the front RR for a Nobby Nick and putting the RR on the rear. It took some time to get the bike sorted but it's phenomenal. I'm 100% pleased. Before and after pics attached.

650B Picture Thread-epic-650b.jpg650B Picture Thread-epic-resized.jpg
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Misfit DiSSent SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Man that's a good look'n ride!

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast