Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    That's purty PSU. I'm finding suspension takes too much effort at times. Rigid is speedy simplicity. I'm still not sure bout all this carbon stuff, but that things simply purrrrty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Rode 650b for the 1st time today. Changing this 2010 Epic to 650b was fantastic--it gave the bike new life!

I go through so many different bikes because I get bored with them. 26er geared, 26er ss, 26er rigid ss, 26er full squish, 29er ss, 29er geared, and now 650b full squish.
    I think I may just keep this one for awhile.

I now know what I suspected: 650b DEFINITELY has a place in the mountain biking world!
    My garage is a revolving door of bikes, wheelsets, & frames
    www.mtbdeals.com

NedwannaB
    Will be curious to see how the XMark does on the back. Have you run those tires before in 26" and/or picked due to their size/fit in the rr triangle?

Thanks in advance
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

NedwannaB

Flashy!

Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    The Red Fox is back. On one 456C with a 2x9 drive train.

Won't be hard to find that thing in a blizzard!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Will be curious to see how the XMark does on the back. Have you run those tires before in 26" and/or picked due to their size/fit in the rr triangle?

Thanks in advance
    Actually, I just picked the Crossmark (2.1)because I've loved it as a 29er & 26er tire in the rear. And I've always wanted to run the Nobby Nics (2.25), and found a sweet deal on Pro Bike Supply. The rear triangle of the Epic has quite a bit more room, I'm pretty sure I could fit a 2.25 back there.
    www.mtbdeals.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    that epic is super nice. I'm finding that 650b breathes a lot of new life into older, 26" XC FS frames. My rush has only 4.3" of travel and it feels great. Doesn't feel terribly dissimilar from my longer travel bikes in the past, but it's a bit more efficient and it really just moves under power. It would be neat to experiment with a few others to see how cheap you could build a 650b trail bike...

I know I paid like $650 for my rush, before I started going crazy with upgrades.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    that epic is super nice. I'm finding that 650b breathes a lot of new life into older, 26" XC FS frames. My rush has only 4.3" of travel and it feels great. Doesn't feel terribly dissimilar from my longer travel bikes in the past, but it's a bit more efficient and it really just moves under power. It would be neat to experiment with a few others to see how cheap you could build a 650b trail bike...

I know I paid like $650 for my rush, before I started going crazy with upgrades.
    Yeah, I agree with you. I wholeheartedly believe that 650b isn't just for the AM crowd. The XC 80-100mm travel bikes feel really sweet with 650b under them. I hope the bike industry takes notice.
    www.mtbdeals.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

A little fun in the snow

A little fun in the snow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-1.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-2.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Intense 275

Large Flow Green Tracer 275. Weighs 31 with the BMX Test Ride Pedals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-2013-01-03-18.00.57.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-2013-01-03-18.01.26.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-2013-01-03-18.02.53.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-2013-01-03-18.02.18.jpg  

650B Picture Thread-2013-01-03-18.01.14.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

650b rush

2007 rush 4, stans crest 650 w tubeless racing ralphs, sram xo shifter and rear derailluer, E13 offset 40t chainring and xcx chainguide on a sram s1400 crank. Ec70 carbon straight handlebars.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

mtbr member
    40t!
    Quads of steel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    down in south fla. no mountains. able to use the whole cassette with a 39-40. anything smaller just overspin

mtbr member
    sounds kinda liberating, up no'th here I'm running a 32x11-36 and am generally stuck on the lower side of it.

mtbr member
    Nice intense and rush!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Whippet converted. 20.6 lbs no pedals, add a pound for some Saint pedals, or a little less for some XTRs.

Fork clearance, for those that are curious. I get some leaves jammed up in there, but so far it's smooth sailing.

NedwannaB

Always confuses me...

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Whippet converted. 20.6 lbs no pedals, add a pound for some Saint pedals, or a little less for some XTRs.

Fork clearance, for those that are curious. I get some leaves jammed up in there, but so far it's smooth sailing.

How DO you guys pedal those lite bikes without pedals?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    wat.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    2008 Norco Six. American Classic wheels, neo 2.1's at the moment...2.3's on the way.
    Such good fun...always was but now it even climbs! Frame has tons of clearance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650B Picture Thread-copy-dscf6114.jpg  

jrm
    mtbr member

Thats where the dog comes in

JMac..

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I wonder myself why I can't get away with advertising my bike's weight without other necessary components. "Yeah, my new AM rig is super-light. 24lbs without fork"

The justification seems to be along the lines that your pedals are a personal preference that you'll choose for yourself. I don't see how that argument holds up when you mention saddles (which touch you more intimately), grips (which are your other contact points with the bike), bar and stem lengths, tires, or any other component with some sort of weight tradeoff and personal preference involved.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I wonder myself why I can't get away with advertising my bike's weight without other necessary components. "Yeah, my new AM rig is super-light. 24lbs without fork! So add three to six pounds depending..."

The justification seems to be along the lines that your pedals are a personal preference that you'll choose for yourself. I don't see how that argument holds up when you mention saddles (which touch you more intimately), grips (which are your other contact points with the bike), bar and stem lengths, tires, or any other component with some sort of weight tradeoff and personal preference involved.

NedwannaB

Really

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2405 View Post
    I wonder myself why I can't get away with advertising my bike's weight without other necessary components. "Yeah, my new AM rig is super-light. 24lbs without fork! So add three to six pounds depending..."

I think it's the manufacturers that started it all! Marketing ploy on the mid/higher end bikes to oogle us with the placebo affect of having the lightest bike on the market!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The point is I run different pedals in the winter, so yes, the weight changes. I posted the pedal weights right there, you can do a little addition, can't you?

This ain't rocket science.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Bianchi S.A.S.S. 650B on the cheap

underachiever
    Here's FF044 just as I head out the door to Firefly to have the chainstays replaced to make this a dedicated 650B beast. I initially designed this as an urban creature, but am finding I'm having far more fun on singletrack.

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast