mtbr member

650B on Cannondale Furio

I saw that the 650B fits on the Cannondale Taurine frame that was posted by someone here. I was wondering if it'll fit on Cannondale Furio frames?

mtbr member
    If your front fork is fatty, I remember reading somewhere on the forum that 650b won't fit. A lefty should be fine. Not sure about the rear wheel, though, and I'm equally interested as my bike is a F2 caffeine and I don't know if 650b works in its rear triangle.

Anyone?

mtbr member
    I have a Lefty so the front end should be fine. But as for the back, would anyone know of a good way to measure for clearance? Maybe someone would be so kind to measure their wheel diameter from the axle to the tip of the wheel?

mtbr member
    It's been done numerous times. Do a search or check out 650b.com or 650bpalace.blogspot.com.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5

try this...

Use a radius of 13.82" (352mm) for a reference and you should be fine.
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Thanks! According to that measurement, it doesn't look like my frame will fit with the Pacenti tire. Aren't there any skinnier 650B tires out there?

nothing relevant to say
    I checked a 2008 F3 last November (check my archives). The Neo-Moto fit. May be too close for comfort. The front derailleur rubbed when in the granny gear, but it may have been a bad adjustment. The Neo- Moto is 2.3" while the Pacenti Quasi Moto wil be a 2.0, but those aren't available just yet. I bet that will fit a little better. If I can remember, I will swing by a Cannondale shop tomorrow with a mounted Quasi-Moto for fit purposes.

mtbr member
    Great! Please keep us updated once you drop by the shop. I think the F3 frame are a bit different than the Furio but I'm not 100% sure...

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot Kirk and CH!

I measured my caffeine and it looked real tight. Please keep us posted about the Quasi-Moto, CH.

mtbr member
    Hey Cracked Headtbe, any updates on Cannondale fitments?