mtbr member
    Jun 2011

650b is the best wheel size...sort of (at least for me)

I have to say that riding with 29ers and myself on a B6, well there isn't any comparison. They can't figure out why I am dodging through the single track twisties so fast and taking the sharp turns that they cant make. I tend to spin my little 26" rear wheel faster and let my 650b take the brute force of the uphills, while they struggle (if they loose momentum) to get that big circle going. Yes they can be me on the flats, where I have to keep pedaling, but that is just a trade off and considering the the other trade offs, I'll take mine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Ti View Post
    myself on a B6
    I am curious about this term. I have seen in other threads that there appears to be some confusion, on my part as well, about the current nomenclature concerning builds with 2 wheel sizes. I believe when the first 26 rear/ 29 front were marketed they were named 69ers. I assume that your build is a 26 rear/ B front correct? Had you heard the B6er term before? It makes me envision a bike with a B rear/ 26 front, which I think would look a little odd. Anyway, glad you like your ride, I am thinking of doing this with an older hardtail 26er. I may even go crazy and stick a B in the rear and a 29er in the front, making it a B9er.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yes I have hear a 650b in the front and 26er in the rear called a B6 before. I have also heard them be called B26'ers, like the bomber. Consequently I have also heard 69'ers called 96'ers......

mtbr member
    I guess it's an anything goes. Happy rolling

mtbr member
    So what is the difference in handling, hitting jumps etc? what bike your running and set up?

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatflash View Post
    So what is the difference in handling, hitting jumps etc? what bike your running and set up?
    You can pretty much compensate for bigger front wheel by invert stem/riser bar or run flat bar, and skootch (Derby's term I think....) your seat up abit to match body setup for handling in the full 26" mode.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....